optical digital audio to anolog rca?

AL P

whats the plan? is there one?

sorry for the off topic question, but I`m trying to convert a TV signal which ONLY has optical digital audio output (no headphone jack etc)..to RCA/anolog..

I`ve tried getting an answer at a TV place, comoutor place etc, and no ine seams to know anything, so I figured I`d come here with it..if you guys dont know of a way, or a plan, then one simply does not exsist..LOL

thanks..

You won't get it to work without some proper digital to analog conversion.

I'm sure there are conversion boxes available, but I couldn't link you one off hand.

Does the TV have scart? That'll carry stereo analog audio output.

I'm pretty sure that whether the audio output is stereo PCM or encoded 6 channel, it's still over S/PDIF format.

If that's the case, something like this should do the job.

Please check it out and make sure though. The manual should tell you.

whats the plan? is there one?

sorry for the off topic question, but I`m trying to convert a TV signal which ONLY has optical digital audio output (no headphone jack etc)..to RCA/anolog..

I`ve tried getting an answer at a TV place, comoutor place etc, and no ine seams to know anything, so I figured I`d come here with it..if you guys dont know of a way, or a plan, then one simply does not exsist..LOL

thanks..

This will almost certainly be a 2 step process.
1, Get the signal converted from optical to co-ax (S/PDIF)
2, Get a cheap D/A converter. TV sound is not exactly audiophool so a basic 16bit device will do.

OTTOMH over here that lot woud set you back about £30.

Well! Whaddaya know! All in one box!....http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/level5/module.jsp?moduleId=cpc/621177.xml

Dave.

Back