OK...just how .............?

zip

.....long will I be labeled with this damn newbie tag? ;)lol

I feel I know so much more after 34 posts....

zip

Don't worry about the title. Those labels are more for the long term homerecording.com afficionados. At this stage of your quest for homerecording knowledge there's just so much more stuff that the knowledgable and sharing folks here have to offer, I'd just inhale it and exhale great demos. :)

drstral...

Hopefully someday I too will be a longtimer. For now good sir you are correct...I've gotten a ton a great advice already!

You should hear how much better the live boot I've been working on sounds after a few words of wisdom from our good friend sonusman...

...my post was 99% jest and 1% truth only because I used to run sound for a band...great ear but my recording knowledge was sorely lacking until I found this site.

zip

Seems like after about 100 posts I got to be a "Senior Member" which essentially means nothing, although it does make me look smarter than I really am. :D

Isaiah

Prism,

I'll let the seniors decide when I deserve to lose the newbie tag...but senior member does sound good...lol

zip

yeah ... the title is tied to your post count ... and I think it's 100 posts too ... I remember a post (maybe in the Dragon cave) right around when Dragon upgraded the BBS software that explained the titles and posts needed to get them. Since I've got nothing on the agenda for today (which is how I like it on the weekends) ... maybe I'll search for that and post it here...
This is as great site ... I've been home recording for close to 15 years now and I believe that I've learned more in the last year from this site than all that dinking around by myself.
Welcome to the BBS ...
:)

found it ...

Dragon said:
...here are the current titles and number of posts necessary, etc. I'm taking suggestions for the 1500 and 2000 marks (may as well come up with something for 2500 too, since drstawl is well on his way there):

Newbie (Minimum Posts: 0)
Junior Member (Minimum Posts: 50)
Senior Member (Minimum Posts: 100)
Expert Member (Minimum Posts: 250)
Force of Nature (Minimum Posts: 500)
Recording Genius (Minimum Posts: 1000)

Here's the thread.

btw ... Dragon, better start thinking about 3500 for drstawl. ;)

What I'd like to know is - who do you have to sleep with to get one of the custom tags!???!!!

:D

Bruce

Yuk! I was a Junior member for a while... it made me think of the song "up in the air, junior birdmen". Then I became a senior member... then the rules changed and now I'm back to being a junior again. As you read through some of the posts, remember - sometimes the number of posts is irrelevant, compared to the content of those posts.

Kahuna / Raj...

.....right on! Personally I would prefer NOT to be labeled a recording genius until I DESERVE it.

I will make it a point to continually work on the quality of my posts...so hopefully I will.

zip

ps. I LOVE this site!

I think once U get 1500, 2000 or some other freakishly high number like that U deserve to get your own CUSTOM title.

Sabith

basically to get a custom title you have to get on your knees and ...well...you know the rest.. ahh , i remember the days when i was actually usefull here.. now it seems i just hang out in the cave making stupid comments..

- eddie -

Yeah, you've just gotta suck like a hoover.....

Got to agree with you Eddie - I spend far more time in the Cave than anywhere else.

- gaffa

I've done it!!!

I'm now a junior memeber !! Since this doesn't add to my post total my last statement in this thread still holds true....

I feel so much better now...;)

zip

Back