No headphone sound out of my DT 990 Pro's on Behringer Xenyx 1204USB

Goonin1k

I can't get sound out of DT990 Pro's plugged into my Behringer Xenyx 1204USB. I'm trying to hear my pc sounds. I use this mixer for live streaming.

Have you setup the program you use for streaming to send the audio to the mixer via the USB?

And from the manual, there is a button to select the USB routing from the computer to the Main Mix.
I believe the Main Mix should be heard in the headphones when this button is depressed > '2-TR/USB to Main'

Attachments

• 1204.jpg
    1204.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 7
You will also almost certainly need to go into the Windows Sound menu and select the mixer as the Default audio playback device and possibly set the level to max. There is a "tinkly" test signal. NB the mixer might show up as a weird name? "USB CODEC" or some similar ***t.

You will also need to setup recording but this time Level will almost certainly need to be set very low, from the default 100% to FIVE % or lower to reduce the crappy "16 bit usb whine" .

If you have any bother, come back and I can stickup some screen shots.

Dave.

You will also almost certainly need to go into the Windows Sound menu and select the mixer as the Default audio playback device and possibly set the level to max. There is a "tinkly" test signal. NB the mixer might show up as a weird name? "USB CODEC" or some similar ***t.

You will also need to setup recording but this time Level will almost certainly need to be set very low, from the default 100% to FIVE % or lower to reduce the crappy "16 bit usb whine" .

If you have any bother, come back and I can stickup some screen shots.

Dave.
I did not have to change anything in the Windows sound menu for the same mixer the OP has, only in the DAW where as you said it was something like 'USB CODEC', but not knowing what the OP is using for streaming perhaps he may need to go in and tweak the Windows setting. Reaper shown below with the Xenyx 1204USB connected up.

I may do things a bit different than most here. Rather than use an interface for all sound in and out of the computer, I still use the PC's soundcard with the Reaktek system for playing of most all music from Windows Media player as well as the VLC video player. I only use the interfaces for recording and most playback into Reaper or Audacity, but may switch to the computers soundcard at times for playback from those programs. A few here have reported occasional conflicts doing it this way, but I guess I've lucky thus far.

Attachments

• usb.jpg
    usb.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 17
Back