newbie question cant hear recorded overdub tracks

eelcloud

greetings-
im new to the BR-800, but have used Boss recorders before. I have a problem I cant solve...
I can hear and see the level of my overdubs when recording, but cant hear them on playback. Also the track level does not appear on playback, making me think its not on there. The actual overdub recording does not seem to be happening and I cant figure out why!!!
Any advice?

You are pushing the button (light on) for the track to record, correct?
Are you sure you have the correct virtual tracks selected? The playback volume of a recorded track si controlled by the track slider, of course.

yes, all those things are covered. Im not new to this, and im wondering if there's a problem with my machine. I can hear and see the input volume, but when recording overdubs on track3,while listening to trax 1-2, no signal ever appears on track 3, even though its selected. ive spent several hours trying to figure out this simple issue, but its not working correctly iMHO.

Can anyone assist me? this is brand new and im getting frustrated...

So this is a new machine? Exchange it/return it, if that's the case. Not many people here using Boss recorders any more.

Grasping at straws.. I'm just going by the manual here - no hands on..

Since you mention this is an attempted overdub, what instruments were used for the first track(s).. and what instrument
are you trying to overdub with? Were they connected with 1/4 TRS lines or XLR cables.. or were they internal?

The signal routing appears to be fairly simple for recording. The only complication might be in the use of 64 Virtual Tracks.
Can you also verify that you've selected the identical overdubbed track for playback (1-64).

It would help if I turned the autopunch off.
Thanks everyone, my apologies for wasting your time.
I really do love BOSS for fast recording.

Back