Condenser Mic
Preamp
Mixer
Midi Controller
Keyboard
MPC 2000/2500
Active Monitor Speakers

Heres the problem:

ive just bought a new midi controller (M-Audio 61ES), Active Monitors (Wharfedale Diamond 8.1 Pro Active) and a Mixer (Yamaha MG10/2)

heres what i want to do:

i want to hook the condenser mic up, thats easy... no problem... a guitar can be hooked up, easy... no problem... and so is the MPC.

but i want EVERYTHING playing through the monitors... and that also means the computer... so when i want to mix down the actual song and vocals... i want to hear it through the monitors... but when i hook the monitors up into the mixer... where do i go from there? because i used a lead from the mixer to my soundcard and only one monitor plays and its very quiet... and i cant turn it up on the mixer, cos nothing happens... and if i turn the volume up by the back of the monitor, it only gets louder by a little... so whats going on there?

thanks in advance

Dan Bell said:
because i used a lead from the mixer to my soundcard and only one monitor plays and its very quiet... and i cant turn it up on the mixer, cos nothing happens... and if i turn the volume up by the back of the monitor, it only gets louder by a little... so whats going on there?

thanks in advance

2 Outputs from soundcard (L+R) ---> Secondary inputs mixer (Control Room). You got it backwards. If you dont have that use 2 unused channels and your output fader as the master volume fader. All depends on what mixer you have. The monitor gains should be set to proper gain structure and not touched. :eek:

johnnymegabyte said:
Is this for KARAOKE ?

Yes, i like to sing alittle bit of abba on the weekends... get out the thread man, damn... a dude has problems and gets idiots saying stuff like that...

thanks for peoples help.

Back