NEWBIE - mixing mics into a usb output

Notice that left is also labeled "MONO." That means if you just plug into the left the sound will appear in left and right.

great - so the two mics can go into the 2 mono inputs. However this device is on a backlist. ive posted an alternative device - if you can give it a quick once over to see if it would work for me, id be very grateful

great - so the two mics can go into the 2 mono inputs. However this device is on a backlist. ive posted an alternative device - if you can give it a quick once over to see if it would work for me, id be very grateful

The picture you posted looked like the same mixer I linked to.

As long as the basic features are comparable it should work. I just picked the first cheap USB mixer I saw.

Simple USB mixers tend to use default USB drivers, so there shouldn't be any software to install.

You could use something like the Behringer UMC202HD as an audio interface, with two of the 3.5mm to 1/4" cables to connect the mic receivers to the interface. It looks like you will need to get a powered USB hub to provide the 5V power to the receivers.

Powered USB Hub - Amazon

Uphoria 202HC Interface - Amazon

If you think you ever might need more than two channels, you can look at other interfaces that provide something like 4 line inputs.

yeh i have tried this - the aggregate device can be made, but the teleconferencing app will not pick up both devices despite offering it as an option on the list of inputs.

Ah, I think I see. The aggregate device works just fine; The problem is that the teleconferencing app is limited to seeing the first input only.
BSGs solution is good, then. There's a virtual bus solution too that should work with the gear you have but it's sort of complicated.
Let me know if you need more info on that.

It looks like you will need to get a powered USB hub to provide the 5V power to the receivers.

That would work. I suggested using a couple of those USB power supplies like those for charging a phone. A hub would use up only one outlet. They also make multi-USB port chargers.

That would work. I suggested using a couple of those USB power supplies like those for charging a phone. A hub would use up only one outlet. They also make multi-USB port chargers.

Ive bought a Behringer Q502USB and two of those 3.5mm TRS to 1/4 inch TS cables.
I have USB power so supplying the Samson receivers shouldnt be an issue

if Mac recognises the mixer as single audio input, it well definitely work (or atleast i hope so!)

Very grateful to this thread - wouldnt have been able to pick a device without you.

i didnt pick this simply as it was XLR inputs only which seemed more complicated re balancing / unbalancing - and the other cables were cheaper too!

Back