Newbie looking for violin or cello player

ultraspunk

both actually....I am new to this forum after a few months from being on a computer hiatus and am looking for a violin or cello player with recording capabilities to work on a few cover songs and originals over the Internet. Ability to work with highest bitrate mp3s or waveforms is all you need to help us out. This is for an audio project for a local Chicago actress/singer that is putting together a few songs to show off her vocal range. Who knows...It might end up being a real fun project. If you are a player or know someone that might be interested then please get in contact with me via this forum or preferrably at CHAMPIONLombard@aol.com

Have a great weekend and I hope this finds everyone in good spirits.

-Robert Champion

Yo Spunknik:

Chicago is my HOME TOWN. Depending on your budget, you might try calling some college music departments in Chi-Town, Junior colleges, and scout out the possibilities=lots of talented folks there.

If you go into the Musician's Union book, plenty of talent but maybe too expensive. So, a young talented person wanting to make a mark in recording might be worth the research effort = you have Northwestern, and a gaggle of JC's and, maybe, even a high school talent might be found.

Happy Easter
Green Hornet

PS IT'S a shame the Como Inn closed--I kind of grew up there as a bartender after the service, and my Dad worked there for more than 30 years. It was a great restaurant. But, there are so MANY good restaurants in the Windy. :D :cool:

good advice...I am trying to find someone that can work independently with the audio files on their own time. I'd like to be able to pay the musicians but I am totally not in a financial position to do that. I have thought about scouting the high schools and local colleges....College of Dupage etc....

Thanks for the tips...In an ideal world I would like to find players that have their own home studio....gotta put those feelers out ya know?

-Robert Champion.

Back