Newbie here, MD and Tascam 424mkIII questions

ScoobyDooWop

Hi, I'm relatively new to home recording, and I have a couple questions.

About the Tascam 424mkIII/mkII (whichever I can find):
I'm planning on purchasing one, most likely the mkIII. What I want to know is what the following features do, and maybe an example of how they could be used:
Tape cue
Auto Punch in/out
Rehearsal

Regarding MiniDiscs:
What format do they record in? Can you put them in, say, a computer CD drive, or a car CD player? And if you can put them in the computer, is the format it is saved in "editing software compatible"? (unless it's something I've heard of like .wav or .mp3, which I've heard of.

Thanks in advance.

Yo Scoobey DOOOOOO:]

Save your money and buy an 8 or 16 track digital box. A 4 tracker is nice to get started but by the time you plug it in, you're 18 light years behind the good stuff.

I use an MD8 Yamaha; you can do 8 tracks on the MD Data disc; or, you can buy two track discs for whatever reason.

MD discs do not work in CD players; however, you can burn the MD disc to CDR but for what reason?

Just saw some DVD/MD/CDR gear for home listening. I would guess that DVD gear will be the coming wave of recording gear? I like to guess.

I just got the Yamaha 2816 16 track digital box and it is a piece of work. I haven't unplugged my MD8 yet; I will need some learning time. However, the sound will be MUCH better from the Yamaha 2816.

Maybe you should take a trip to a dealer, a big dealer, and eyeball some gear and see what fits your mode.

Good luck
Green Hornet

:D :D :p

Back