Newbie here, Cool Edit problems

LilOrange

Hi, everyone!

I just started recording my own music. I did one song a couple of years ago on Cool Edit Pro 2.1 and I liked it. The thing is I recently wanted to record my second song on Cool Edit again, but it doesn't work. It's not about the microphone because I recorded it on Audacity and it worked, but Cool Edit makes a better sound and I'm able to record in multitracks there, so it's a better option for me. Anyone knows why I'm having this problem? I cheked everything. There isn't evan an option where I can fix the microphone on CE.:mad:

:) I know it's old, but it's the best one I know....can you recommend another program which I can download for free and is similar to Cool Edit?

You could try Reaper... Uncrippled shareware and ridiculously inexpensive when you decide to buy it.

It's not really similar to Cool Edit (thank goodness)... Far more capable program. No real comparison.

Really? It's better?....but Cool Edit was so easy to use :( I'll try that Reaper, I also heared Kristal was good.

Try this

When you've got Cool Edit Pro open, under 'Options' check your settings for Device Properties and Device Order. I'm totally with you on the awesomeness of CEP2, and I've tried out plenty of other audio editing software programs. Hope it's a simple fix under your Device properties.

Back