New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello I'm based in Switzerland. I cleared out my basement during the lockdown and began to convert it into a games room with some old xboxes and dance mats, and a babyfoot

Then I realised that a cheap mixing desk with FX, chromecast and a couple of mics made a reasonable karaoke.

Then I bought a guitar to relearn an instrument I gave up 30 years ago. It's amazing the resources on You Tube etc. to learn instruments these days. I used to learn guitar from a book, which wasn't exactly an immersive experience. I didn't get very far. You can learn in a month these days what it used to take a year.

Then I connected my laptop, downloaded Reaper and made a basic recording studio that I use with my friends to mess around and make really bad music. The help on this forum is indispensable.

Hello everyone! I'm lionheart4x, and I'm relatively new to the world of home recording. I started playing electric bass when I was 10 years old, then I switched to guitar at 14/15. I listen mainly to pop music, acoustic, folk, country, rock. I like singing, but I'm not the best at it ahah! Last year I decided to enter in this amazing world of home recording. I bought myself a PreSonus audio interface with Studio One and a pair of headphones, and there I was making a lot of damage. I do music in my free time, I try to get better at recording, producing, mixing etcetera by watching online videos, now I hope that this forum will help me too. Maybe I'll share with you guys my music in a next post. All right, see you around!

HEY what's up? I',m Jeff from NY NY i'm 67 ys. old and still playing with a rock band.Been playing
bass for over 50 yrs.as of now I'm trying to get my iMac to download some files from my Tascam hand held digital recorder. I just can't figure how to get my SD card reader to the computer to get the files. oh Catalina I'm running.I've called Apple And Tascam they got me some way to do it.but it won't work when I try it.I was using the OP before I upgraded and was able to use the headphone jack as an input and never had a problem now I have to use USB input.HELP does anyone know how to do this? Thanks

Jeff, Welcome

Can't you just get a USB card reader for the Mac? The audio files should be simple wav or MP3 files. I use a Zoom H4n, but I never plug it into the computer. Its easier to just pull the card and put it into a reader.

Hello fellow Artists. My Name is Pete. I will be on here from time to time collaborating with others and noting my experiences here for all to see. I'm not to sure what to think this is my first music forum i have been apart of. But i have been Composing music in my mind for years. I started out with percussion and moved on to stringed instruments now to producing equipment. So i figured why not take the steps to put all this noise in my head to action. so here i am.

Hello, I am Andlus. I love making beats, music, and love learning all I can about the industry. Thank you for the chance to come to this forum. I look forward to learning from all of you!

Whats up, i'm new here.
What's good homies, how are you guys doing.
I'm a young artist who is very passionate about music.
I am studying for a bachelor's degree in music production at the LARS.
I hope to use what I learn and the connections I make in this forum and in the school to reach my goals in the industry. I am a songwriter and producer. Hit me up if you want to work together! I'm fluent in all genres of music, and I love to collaborate.

Im Blaze, nice to meet you guys. I am a hip hop artist originally from Pine Bluff, Arkansas. I have recently moved to the west coast for school and to further pursue my dreams.

hi everyone nice to meet you. ı'm keen on rap music and i'm trying to make my music. nowadays i'm looking for a daw software for recording and mix&mastering.

Hello everyone, my name is Rashaan, I am a student at the Los Angeles Film School and I am working towards a Bachelors Degree in the Science of Music Production. I have been writing songs for over 10 years now and I just never seem to leave the recording studio with the sound I am looking for so, I took it upon myself to learn the science/theory of music with hopes to apply the absorbed knowledge to my own music. I've been scrolling through this forum and I'm already in love with this environment, I hope to make some new like-minded friends on here and I can't wait to see what homerecording has in store for my future. I'm currently building my own home recording studio and any tips or advice is more than welcomed and obliged. Peace and love to all.

Last edited:
Hi guys!

I'm kind of new here. Well, I reg:ed a long time ago, but back then I didn't post much.
Now I'm taking new efforts in the music industry, so I hope I'll find people to lean towards in here.

Cheers, and Merry X-Mas! :)

Welcome to all of you new members!

It kind of a crazy time these dayz. I have been neglecting the proper hello's myself.

There are many here with varying levels of experience that are willing to help other members, or be helped by your input. We all learn from each other regardless of skill level and experience. I sure have over the last 10 years. :)

Cheers!

Hey everybody. I've been a recording artist for a while now, but I am now learning to produce the music I sing and rap to.

Hello Everyone... My name is LeRiver, but you guys can call me Kiki. I recently just joined today in hopes to gain more insight on music production.

Hi, my name is Chuck. I have been involved with electronics and recording for most of my 66 years; my first recorder was a 1949 Eicor Model 1000 my father gave to me at age 6. I am an electronics engineer by trade. I'm about to start a refurbishment of a 1970's-vintage Sony TC-366 open-reel tape deck. I found a link to this site while researching quality replacement parts.

Back