New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello,

I'm Carlo. I'm a long time shower singer and writer looking to start recording and sharing my work. I would like to be able to record high quality vocals so that I can collaborate with producers to help me produce my songs. I'm also looking to possibly be a voice for hire on sites like Fiverr.

Hello

I'm Srijan from India. I am a trained vocalist and joined this forum as I was looking for guidance to buy a microphone for home recording. It's an amazing forum and I received assistance beyond any measure. With the help of members here, specially @nusureit, who gifted me a set of recording equipment and guided me to my first mix, I have finished recording and mixing two songs.

Thank you all.

New to the forum, but been making music since about 1980, mostly guitar. Recorded on the first walkman that had microphones, a bunch of cassette decks way back then, moved to a four track and did a little bit of pro studio 8-track stuff in the 80s in NY with my band. Took a break for a while, then recorded on a 4-track then a Korg D888 during the late 90s till about 2009 when I took another break. Been back at it a bunch since 2018, still on the D888 but now mixing with Logic, and bouncing back and forth between the iMac and the D888. I like how the D888 is so straightforward to use no matter how wasted I may be.

Playing a mix of guitars, Fender, Gretsch, Univox and Epiphone electrics, a Mustang Bass and a Yamaha FG331 acoustic ca 1980.

I was a photographer for most of my life, did a lot of record company stuff in the 80s, then fine art photographs till I packed it all in about three months ago. Taught photography and graphic design for 15 years, and when that gig ended I became a landlord, which gives me plenty of time for music. Learning curve with the digital end of this is steep for me, but I'm slowly gaining.

Last edited:
Hello from the Windy city !!!
My name is Nick. I am not a musician but am very much interested in recording vocals. I joined the forum to learn the basics of home recording. I actually placed the order for a Focusrite Scarlett.
As I am not a musician, I was planning to get the karaoke tracks from YouTube, and mix my vocals (at run time) and save the output to computer's hard drive or send it over to the FB live. Can anyone please direct me to a thread or a link which shows how to achieve this task?

Thanks
Nick

Hello from the Windy city !!!
My name is Nick. I am not a musician but am very much interested in recording vocals. I joined the forum to learn the basics of home recording. I actually placed the order for a Focusrite Scarlett.
As I am not a musician, I was planning to get the karaoke tracks from YouTube, and mix my vocals (at run time) and save the output to computer's hard drive or send it over to the FB live. Can anyone please direct me to a thread or a link which shows how to achieve this task?

Thanks
Nick

Hi Ladhnur

There are some online sites that will let you download a Youtube video, sometimes in MP3 format. You can then put that into an audio program like Reaper or Audacity to add a vocal track. Since you've already got the Scarlett on order, it should come with ProTools First and Ableton live lite. Both will let you record vocals alongside the karaoke tracks.

Have fun.

Thanks TalismanRich for your response
What I was not clear about was how to connect the Scarlett to my PC. I guess I will wait for it to be here (should arrive by tomorrow or Monday) and then ask more detailed questions I might have.

~Nick

Hi everyone, i'm an electronic dawless artist from Australia looking to learn and troubleshoot little technical issues as well as grow my expertise and knowledge around semi pro mixing and recording techniques. Happy to have a chat and laugh too so yeah see you round the forums :)

Last edited:
Greetings my fellow Producers,

I'm WilliamHampton, my music name is Big Will. I'm currently attending the Los Angeles Film School online for my BA in Music Production. I'm from Detroit MI and I have my own Home Studio setup in my house. Looking for to networking with you all.

Hi, we are NINETUNES, a duo from the Netherlands that makes electronic music.
We’re both autodidact with a long music experience in various musical styles and record our music at home.
We woukd like to learn and share knowledge on this forum.

I am a Boston Fan, Actually, everything from the 70's 80's, 90's :) And Tom Scholz, The Boston Genius, he made me come back to make music. (he produced every song of the first album)...(the best one), well, it encourages me to go on making music. (not for money, for ME). Hi, and thank you for accepting me here. (I kinda lost it).

Hi, new member here. I'm Barry, 65 years old and I play finger style acoustic guitar. I like to record some tunes, covers and originals and post them on sound cloud. I'll also make slide show videos periodically. I use two AT-2035 mics to record generally and a Zoom H5. I edit in Rx 7 Standard and finish up in Reaper.

Last edited:
Hello there!

Hello! I love playing and recording music, but I am pretty new to some of the techniques. Glad to have found this site!

My name is Kee and I joined this forum to support and discuss music, techniques, etc. as I further my education at LAFS/LARS. i have always been passionate about creating and any feedback/commentary would be great. See you guys in the threads!

Greeting

Hi I’m Deanna! I currently attend LAFS for music production. I’m an artist who records and mixes her own music and is looking forward to learning some ways to fix technical issues to produce a proper well balanced mix!

Last edited:
Back