New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi all

My username is nothing to be scared of.
You can find music I made under the monikers Jack Matthew Tyson and Jason Laake

I am here to get inspired and to find likeminded people.
Happy musicing everyone!

Welcome to the forum!

What is up with the 'Discogs' sign in bullshit?

Sorry, but I am no about to register for anything just to hear your music.

Seems like you should promote your music elsewhere that doesn't require an account or login for others to listen.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing your music and words. :)

Welcome to the forum!

Seems like you should promote your music elsewhere that doesn't require an account or login for others to listen.

How! I resonant with that comment Jim! On another tack, if I want technical information about a product, a user manual say and they want me to start an account? 'K 'em! I pass them over.

Dave.

Welcome to the forum!

Discogs sign?
You mean the mentioning of my (not even so much) professional names?
I haven't put a link anywhere, I am not planning to do so either unless someone asks for it.
The main reason I came here is to find people who want to join in on a fun project involving making music.

have a nice day.

Discogs sign?
You mean the mentioning of my (not even so much) professional names?
I haven't put a link anywhere, I am not planning to do so either unless someone asks for it.
The main reason I came here is to find people who want to join in on a fun project involving making music.

have a nice day.

You posted where we could find your music. I looked, and found that I needed to sign in to hear.

I wasn't trying to be a dick man. We are all into having fun making music! :guitar:

Let's all have nice days! :thumbs up:

You posted where we could find your music. I looked, and found that I needed to sign in to hear.

I wasn't trying to be a dick man. We are all into having fun making music! :guitar:

Let's all have nice days! :thumbs up:

Oh okay I forgot you need to register on Soundcloud to hear music. Apparently I am always logged in there.

hello im new. i need help with setting up my equipment. but i have a question. my pre amp has phantom power and my interface has phantom power. i use a condensor mic that needs phantom. do i power on the phantom on both units? also will this harm my compressor?
blue bluebird-mic
golden age project pre 73-preamp
Fredenstein V.A.S.-compressor
presonus 1824c-interface

Turn off the phantom power on the Presonus and you should be ok. The preamp will deliver its phantom power to the mike, and you can go from preamp line out to line in on compressor or interface.

Hello all, I'm Mark and an avid home-recorder from way back to the Tascam 244 all the way to the Boss BR800. It's nice to find some likewise minds.

Hello

I am from Kolkata, India.

I found this forum while researching about a microphone I intend to purchase for home recording. I immediately became a member. I have also posted a thread requesting help regarding my purchase.

Thank you for maintaining this nice forum.

Hello

I am from Kolkata, India.

I found this forum while researching about a microphone I intend to purchase for home recording. I immediately became a member. I have also posted a thread requesting help regarding my purchase.

Thank you for maintaining this nice forum.

Welcome to the forum. We hope you get the help you ask for it.

Hello All!

I'm a singer songwriter hoping to produce some good recordings. I am the proud owner of a Tascam 246, it has some issues which I am hoping to fix DIY, hoping to find some answers to some of the problems on here and also help others with the knowledge I gain :guitar:

hello, I am new to the site, but not to drumming. I am looking for any advice for recording my drums in my 'music room'. my set is an 8pc yamaha stage custom. ( w/7 cymbals) the room is small, 12x12. Carpeted, and a wall of bookshelves.
I do have access to my PC and some stereo gear near the set.
I have a limited budget at this time. I am retired. I do have a line on, but do not own yet, a Mackie micro 12 mixer, but would eventually like to be able to record to SD card and send to musician friends for their additions. Please advise how I can do this affordably? at least at the begining.....:)
Thanks in advance...

DW

hello, I am new to the site, but not to drumming. I am looking for any advice for recording my drums in my 'music room'. my set is an 8pc yamaha stage custom. ( w/7 cymbals) the room is small, 12x12. Carpeted, and a wall of bookshelves.
I do have access to my PC and some stereo gear near the set.
I have a limited budget at this time. I am retired. I do have a line on, but do not own yet, a Mackie micro 12 mixer, but would eventually like to be able to record to SD card and send to musician friends for their additions. Please advise how I can do this affordably? at least at the begining.....:)
Thanks in advance...

DW

I would recommend this:

TASCAM

I would say to forget about the mixer. Not what you need.

You are going to need mics, stands and cables. The quality of them is you will purchase is going to be relative to the quality of recording you desire. Then will also come acoustic room treatment.

Now if you are just looking into live recording with just a couple of mics, and not concerned about the isolation and quality, you can get by much cheaper.

Knowing your goals will help to give better advice.

And welcome to the forum!!! :D

Hello everyone. Thought I'd introduce myself a bit, I'm well a 'wannabee' producer/artist and songwriter (mainly rap). I'm currently in my first year of university, studying creative music technology and the reason why I joined this forum is so that I could possibly learn from others and maybe share some of my own personal knowledge with others as well. This is new for me but I hope to be welcomed lol.

Hello,

Second attempt at home recording. A bit different than in the mid to late 90s when I had a Matrix 6, Kurzweil K2vx, zoom rhythmtrak and some purple and silver vocoder which I forget the name of, all intended to run through Cubase VST. I never got that running properly then other life stuff happened. Now, some pocket operators, a few different DAWs to try, Kaossilator Pro, Nextar GX61, UCA-222, SM57 and years of weird ideas.

Welcome Pineceaunz.

Hopefully you will find that things are a bit easier and more reliable these days than they were 20 years ago. The computers are more capable, and the software advancements are phenomenal.

Welcome Pineceaunz.

Hopefully you will find that things are a bit easier and more reliable these days than they were 20 years ago. The computers are more capable, and the software advancements are phenomenal.

So far I'm finding it much easier. Was playing with the Launchpad last night.

Let me share knowledge with you for free

Hello everyone i am No Noize, I like to help creatives reach their music career goals while learning and interacting.

Back