New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hiya I'm Micky I've just got into the home recording I don't know how to post a thread and I could use some help please

Thanks Micky

Micky,

Look through the list of forum areas (Mix Clinic, Alesis Forum, Mixing Techniques, etc) and choose one that is appropriate for your topic. At the top you'll see a button for POST NEW THREAD. Click that, name your topic, something like "Help Me Use My New $50,00 Neve Console", then put your question in the text area below. Presto! You've got a new topic for people to chat with you.

Easy as 1 2 3.

Hey everyone. My name is Chase. Planning on getting into some home recording/producing but here to get some knowledge from those more experienced so I can make some informed decisions when investing in some equipment.

Hello to all at HomeRecording.com

I'm Danswift, musician, beatmaker and crate digger from the U.K

I can appreciate almost all forms of music ( if it's done well :))
My main interests are sampling and recording with the Roland SP series of samplers,I also play guitar,mostly acoustic,bass, drums and keyboards.

Heavily into Soul , Funk,Hip Hop and Jazz but I also have an unhealthy habit in collecting obscure Prog Rock albums .

Looking forward to checking this place out.

Hello, my name is Jack, and getting back into the recording/mixing hobby again after 20 or so years. I am starting messing with the modern DAW at a very late stage in life at 45. I have no idea where to even begin. But I feel I have enough hardware and software to at least get me started. I used to have a dinky porta "studio" back in the day. It did not do much at all other than me being able to sing along with CD's.

Now I have all of these things at my disposal that I could only DREAM of having. All right there. In a fancy little computer.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm Arkforest. I'm from Queensland, Australia. I've been producing music for about 8 or so years now. I hope to be a part of this community.

This post was made on the month and day of my birthday ^_^. My name is Raquel (nickname Richay), jazz composer and musician.

Hey guys, I'm trying to start up a YouTube channel featuring classical music put to electric guitars and bass. I know, it's not a new idea, but I feel like I've got some new interpretive takes on old pieces and I also like to record ALL of the parts instead of just the lead violin, etc.

I've been playing guitar for a good while but I'm completely new to the mixing and production side of things, and that's where I need the most feedback and criticism. My channel on YouTube is "Electric Classical" but it's still a very small channel (less than 10 subscribers) and if you do a search for it, you have to search specifically for channels (and not videos) to see it pop up. There's only two things on there so far, a Vivaldi piece and a Bach piece.

So hello to everyone and I hope you guys can help me improve on what I'm doing here.

Thanks Talisman. So yeah, any tips on how to get a better mix and stereo pan, and whatever else you guys notice, will be greatly appreciated. :thumbs up:

I can only record in mono for right now, and all my stems are mono.

Hi
My names Tinsel and I’m an old school musician. My main instruments are saxophones. I play the alto and soprano, tickle the ivories a bit but mainly sing. I’ve been singing since I was 5 but have never recorded anything and I’d like to. The problem is I’m technically challenged. This iPhone is about the only thing I can successfully use but I’d like to learn garage band or something so I can record my own stuff. I can read music and understand chords. I bought an iPad Pro 4th Generation but have the option to take it back within the next 3 weeks so I’m here to find out if I should or not.

Last edited:
Thanks Talisman. So yeah, any tips on how to get a better mix and stereo pan, and whatever else you guys notice, will be greatly appreciated. :thumbs up:

I can only record in mono for right now, and all my stems are mono.

You might start a thread in Mix Clinic with more info on your setup, maybe even post links to your stems.

Tascam 58 owner and first post. I have been using the forum for a while now as a knowledge resource. Thank you!

Hey there, my name is Agustín and i'm from Argentina. I've been a musician for 15 years and now i want to get into music production/recording. Hope i find useful information here, thank you!

Back