New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

1 Go to the forum most relevant to your post
2 Click on "+ Post New Thread"
3 Give your post a title where it says "Title"
4 Type your post in the text box
5 When done, click on "Submit New Thread"

Hiya,
Super experienced shakespearean actor here, home recording for professional voice over noob.
First question:
I've been gifted a rode procaster but no cables. Any tips on cables to plug it into my lap top for use with Audacity?

hey Im sara

---------- Update ----------

how's the quarantine
going ?

same help me with this please

oh thanks

Hello Everyone,

This is Nihar, I am rookie in field of Home recording/ Vocal recording.

Just wanted to introduce to myself.. and Say Hello to everyone.

thanks,
NP

Hello all. Brand new. First post. I am a rather ( shockingly ) older dude in Seattle who was very active in music and recording back in the caveman days of analog. Worked with Cubase a while back in 2006, so I know a bit about it all, but yeah, I'm a newbie, more or less.

I am a poker dealer in Seattle and I have another month or so off, it seems. In an effort to use the free time better, I'm making a good faith effort to get some tunes recorded. Toward that end I have acquired a totally good enough computer( 64 bit and all that ), and I've downloaded and installed Cakewalk, the free DAW from Bandlab. I've been working with it 3 days, devouring tutorials online, and learning how to make it fly. But last night I hit my first wall, and I'm just clueless. I've spent 5 or 6 hours now searching online for vids or text to get me past this, but there really isn't anything there. Makes me think it's just me, missing something painfully obvious. I'm pretty sure about 88% of the people who might read this here would be able to help me out. Also kind of figuring a few of ya'll will be able to help me out, and will do so before long

My trouble is with opening and installing VST's into my Cakewalk Daw. I've tried with about 15 apps now, and roughly half of them went just fine. Sadly, the half that went well was the half that take care of itself, more or less. I know how to ( roughly and clumsily ) extract files with winzip, and I can find and drag the appropriate dll file into my vst folder. My failures are coming with the VST's that have their sounds in separate files. I think they are " mms " files. I think they are samples. I know I need to get them " living " and connected to the associated player in the DAW, but I am just clueless on how to do it. I guess I'm so ignorant of the answer that I'm not even able to ask the right question. Can't find a thing

So yeah.... this is vexing. Really fired up and trying and really eager to make some stuff happen, but this is hanging me up bad. I'll say thanks so much for any and all help I get here.

Let's all stay safe and well

Hello everyone,
Im Özgür and new here from turkey. I'm a drummer for 6+ years, Nowadays, i am interested in mixing, mastering. Watched almost all videos in youtube about mixing and mastering and i want to practise now. So that's why im here.

Hello all, thanks for allowing me to join! I live in the UK and mostly just record acoustic guitar using my Zoom R8. Although I have tried out connecting the guitar directly I prefer the warmer sound I get using the excellent condenser mics. I have a basic question and a clip regarding recording my new keyboard but I will have a better look around to see where it belongs. :)

Hi, I've been trying to ramp up my recording skills over the last couple of months while stuck at home. I'm maybe making a little bit of progress but popping in here to read some more tips/tricks.

Hi everyone, Matt from the UK here...I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here...It won't be long before someone tells me no doubt! Looking forward to learning lots here...the combined knowledge and experience must be constellational...

Hello everyone!

My name is D410, I'm a New Zealand musician. I make electronic/ambient music and I'm pretty new here. I hope I can help you all as much as you help me!

Hello all, thanks for allowing me to join! I live in the UK and mostly just record acoustic guitar using my Zoom R8. Although I have tried out connecting the guitar directly I prefer the warmer sound I get using the excellent condenser mics. I have a basic question and a clip regarding recording my new keyboard but I will have a better look around to see where it belongs. :)
You only have 10 posts so you still qualify as a newb so you might as well post your kbd problem here?

Please give make and model, what you are trying to do and what you think is going wrong. For me, post clip as a 320k MP3 attachment.

Dave.

Hi all! My name is Pedro, I'm from Argentina. I'm looking to practice my mixing and may submit a song or two after. I like everything from folk/acoustic music to prog rock.

Hi, I look forward to learning much music and recording stuff on these fine forums! ?

p.s. I'm trying to figure out how to edit my signature, not sure how to do this? Or do I need to participate a bit first?

Attachments

• 63ac83698b72f9e2a8781117fa61b0a1.png
    63ac83698b72f9e2a8781117fa61b0a1.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 71
Hey guys. Dave here. 52. Been drumming for years. Have the opportunity to record some drum tracks for various old buddies. Thinking of getting mics, audio interface and macbook pro and taking the plunge. Just starting to gather info. Think it’ll be fun new stage of drumming, and will love collaborating with different friends. We all have bills, though. Nervous about startup costs.

Hey guys. Dave here. 52. Been drumming for years. Have the opportunity to record some drum tracks for various old buddies. Thinking of getting mics, audio interface and macbook pro and taking the plunge. Just starting to gather info. Think it’ll be fun new stage of drumming, and will love collaborating with different friends. We all have bills, though. Nervous about startup costs.

Welcome to the site. The world definitely needs more drummers who can play. If budget is an issue, your should skip the Apple products altogether. For recording a decent kit, you're probably looking at 10-12 inputs at most. Any moderate PC/laptop can do that without problem. My little HP i7 laptop cost $300 and is more than capable.

Your biggest investment will go into the space you are recording in. For good recordings of drums, you gotta have a nice recording room.

Hey everyone! I'm Dom and I'm on a mission to make the lives of upcoming music producers easier :)

Cool, but remember, no advertising of products or services.

Back