New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Are you sure the DP-01 is getting a signal? Can you tell from the display? Do the line outs work? Are you sure the headphone volume is turned up? If all of those things are ok........it's possible the headphone jack is damaged.

Hi all...my name is Research....new here and looking for help with EMU 0404/patchmix dsp/cubasis...have an old PC with this installed. I'm a keyboard player and I've recorded a few tracks and was trying to figure out if it's possible to get what I've recorded burned to cd...any and all help would be GREAT!!!

You absolutely don't need to be on the internet. You can download Reaper, install it, and unplug from the net. You could get a self contained recorder and do your recording. There are lots of ways to record.

Let us know what you do (singer/songwriter, composer, hip hop) and we'll try to help you learn.

Good luck.

Thanks TR. A friend wants to do a podcast. I play bass, son is a multi-instrumentalist and this is a bucket list for me. Eyeing a PC and watching ebay at this time.

Surely you can find a friend with internet who could download Reaper for you. Its' about an 11 MB file, so it doesn't take that long, and would fit on the smallest of flash drives.

How are you doing a podcast without internet access?

Alternatives would be a self contained recorder like the Zoom R16 or R24, Tascam DP24SC, Zoom H4n or H6, or Tascam DR40X. Most of them will come with recording software, like CubaseLE on CD. Most can be used as an audio interface, or as a stand alone unit. Choose based on how many channels you need at one time. IF you are doing performances, you can get either the Zoom LiveTrack L12 or Tascam Model 12. They are designed to act as live mixers but will also record multitrack onto SD cards.

I have a Zoom R24 that I have used for recording, hooked up headphones and mixed down to the SD card, and had a completed song. Pull the SD card and plug it into a computer and you can burn it to CD. I also have an old Yamaha AW1600 that can record 16 tracks and burn the final mix to CD. One mic, a pair of headphones and a few CDRs and you could put together a full recording, if you are work at it.

Like I said, there are lots of ways to record these days.

Hello my name is Joshua Cameron I am starting a my own song writing company so I need to find info on the business side (how should I incorporate, best ways to network with companies and advertise my works) and creative side (finding ppl that can make tracks for my songs) and just working with ppl who love making music that may want to do business

Hi there,
I'm keeferreefer, based in London UK. I'm in the process of shutting down my studio owing to bad landlord problems, we have been going for about 8 years but sadly have come to the end of the road so I'm selling everything and looking to do other things with my life! So I'll mostly be in the Classified section.

A big hello from Canadaland!

I've been lurking around here for a while now, and used to be a member at recordingreview when it was still around. Took a break due to work and family life, and a few changes in life in general. But back in the swing of things and hoping to contribute and learn as much as possible.

Cheers!

Steve Leighton here. Just getting back into recording after 25 years of just playing. I'm going to try and stick with using an ADAT 8 track recorder. Any other ADAT people out there?

Hello. My Name is Glenn. I recently was signed to a boutique label for piano. I was working with plug-ins but am building a little studio in my basement for some real piano recording. Hope to have some questions answered here

Hi everybody! My name is Pierluigi Bontempi, I'm from Italy. I'm a Steinberg Certified Trainer, I use Cubase. I'm particularly interested in music for video and sound design. I'm very happy I joined this forum, lots of information and cool people!

Good idea to have this thread. I've had a look down and there may be a few people here who like me just want to record music for their own use, rather than being interested in the recording aspect for itself.

I'm really only looking into the subject because in the "current situation" I have to use a computer to try to play music with other people.

I have a question: for simple recording and sharing of myself playing the clarinet, and a budget of say £250, would you advise a self contained device like the Zoom H5 or a microphone + converter + (presumably) software for my (reasonably new general purpose spec) Windows 10 PC?

Hello all,

My name is Harry Michels and I have been playing guitar a long time. Over the last 3 years I have finally taken the time to record and copy right everything and now have a website created to host the music. If interested send me a PM, in the meantime I'll see if I can add a link to my profile page. Stay well during these crazy times.

Back