New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi! My name is Sander I'm from the Netherlands, I have a few consumer reel2reel's and one Tascam BR20. I use these just to play and record music in my living room. I do not make my own music, and maybe that better...... I'm here to gather information and just because I like all the tech stuff here.

Hi Jim from Philly here. Im glad to find this forum. I haven't tried to record in years, I switched to Cubase from Cakewalk and I got discouraged because it doesn't seem very friendly, then life got in the way. I am looking to get back into it and am hoping to get some tips here.

Hi everyone, my name is Dunc Eduardo and I play flamenco fusion style and I have an ambitious project I'm trying to achieve with your help. I recorded an album more than 20 years and recently started uploading to YouTube.
I'm trying to record all those again and some new material. Just need the right gear and set-up. Thanks a lot

Hey, DJ from Cleveland here. Lets see, Hip hop, Underground,Trap producer looking to receive more feedback on mixing mastering to help develop my sound more

Hello! So new to all these stuff! But my goal is to make high quality beats and record vocals. Glad to find this forum! Cheers.

hi all jimfish here , cracking site , well im hoping anyway once i get replys to my posts ,, just about to start home recording after 35 years ,, have pro tools first a zoom 4hn and a jvc digi cam hard drive ,, hoping thats ok all i can afford

Hi all, my name is Luc and i tried to make musical friends here. I am new here and i hope to learn how procede to record with a zoom R24 on mac. My first steps yesterday was not so good i dont see my zoom in my mac so , thanks for all your experience! Have a good day
Luc

Luc, I would recommend starting with just recording into the R24, and after you get the tracks, pull the SD card and drag the files from there to your Mac for further processing. Quick and easy!

Keep in mind that the R24 is an excellent audio interface as well as a control surface. I use the R16 as both and they work very well and are easy to use with my DAW. It's fine to use as a standalone recorder.......but you're missing out on quite a bit if you decide not to use the AI and Control Surface features IMO.

Hi everyone! My name is Kevin, I'm from Bend, Oregon. I recently moved here and was unpacking boxes when I found old ADAT tapes of bands that I had recorded with 20 plus years ago. Needless to say, it sparked my interest in playing and recording again. I found an old ADAT recorder and it should be here in a few days. Just need to figure out how to pull the tracks off these tapes and on to my computer....but that's for another thread!

-Kevin-

Hi everyone! My name is Kevin, I'm from Bend, Oregon. I recently moved here and was unpacking boxes when I found old ADAT tapes of bands that I had recorded with 20 plus years ago. Needless to say, it sparked my interest in playing and recording again. I found an old ADAT recorder and it should be here in a few days. Just need to figure out how to pull the tracks off these tapes and on to my computer....but that's for another thread!

-Kevin-

Ahh, Bend. Cool place and people. Sadly an ex girlfriend was involved so haven't been there in 12 years.

So, what you need is an interface that will take the line outputs from the ADAT recorder. What is the model? I had 2 38's and a 88 if I remember correctly they had RCA jacks out right?

You may get off cheap by getting a Behringer Ultragain Pro-8. I only use the unit as a backup digital slave ADAT input for my better interfaces, but I assume it has it's own drivers.

You would obviously need also a DAW (recording software) and computer to run it. Reaper would be your most cost effective software there. Others here will help with that setup.

Trying to get my feet wet in the world of at home music production. Now mind you I have been leaning towards the mid to late 2011 iMac but would love some educational advice on where to begin. Please feel free to enlighten me on i3 or i5 recommendations as well as anything beyond that in terms of memory space must haves and anything pertaining to my situation. Please remember I am not very versed on the topic and would appreciate any knowledge. The 2011 has been talked about in many forums I have viewed and before I decide to drop grands on a platform I’d really like to start with basics and work into a better setup after really understanding this whole venture into music production. This will be none other than a bedroom endeavor so please keep that scale in mind. Thanks in advance!!

Ahh, Bend. Cool place and people. Sadly an ex girlfriend was involved so haven't been there in 12 years.

So, what you need is an interface that will take the line outputs from the ADAT recorder. What is the model? I had 2 38's and a 88 if I remember correctly they had RCA jacks out right?

You may get off cheap by getting a Behringer Ultragain Pro-8. I only use the unit as a backup digital slave ADAT input for my better interfaces, but I assume it has it's own drivers.

You would obviously need also a DAW (recording software) and computer to run it. Reaper would be your most cost effective software there. Others here will help with that setup.

Thanks for the response. Ya Bend is a great place for the outdoorsy type! My wife and I Love mountain biking, hiking, and dirtbiking so it definitely suits our lifestyle. The ADAT is the 16-bit "blackface" unit. I researched it a little before the purchase and found that it has an optical out. Right now I have a Steinberg 6x4 USB2 Interface but unfortunately, it does not have the optical in. I'm also running Cubase but a pretty low line version of it so I may be upgrading soon. I can run the tracks off the ADAT analog into the Steinberg but unfortunately, I will be only able to do 6 tracks at a time. Ill look into some of your suggestions as well, Thank you for that!

-Kevin-
sqttxk6k98gdfvejrbwo.jpg

Hello, because there are so many threads and I am new here maybe you can help me l find the one I'm looking for or even just answer my question here:

I think it has to do with sampling rates. I have several handheld recorders: Olympus LS-7 and Tascam DR-5 and I generally love them. I also record in Ableton Live on a PC. I want to be able to blend some sounds, like record a single drum sound simultaneously in the computer and one of the handheld devices and then import and mix the sounds together. The problem is that when I do this the imported files get out of sync with what is already in Ableton. After a minute of sound one track can be about five seconds off from the other. It diverges quickly.

How do I go about fixing this? Or what forum would you steer me to?

Bought it from eBay and the headphone jack doesn’t seem to be sending a signal to phones I’ve gone and checked the headphones in another unit and they work fine

Back