New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi! I hope I'm clicking in the right place as above it notes new members introduce yourself here. Is this where we introduce ourselves or does this end up being a reply to someone who posted here? Better than nothing I'll say something here.

I'm returning to recording first time since 2005 with the Focusrite 2i2 3rd Generation and using my original Studio Projects B3 large diaphragm condenser mics, original XLR cables, and mic stands. I haven't hooked my system up yet because I'm not finished preparing my recording area which might take another week. I will post a question about my business grade Hewlett Packard micro desktop with -- Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 Duo CPU E8400 3.00 GHz with 8GB RAM 64 bit operating system with Windows 10 Pro. I'm afraid, now suddenly dawning on me, about it's original internal sound card being a recording quality problem.

That's my setup so far and maybe forced into buying another used computer.

Hi to all! Winfred

Welcome Winfred.

Sometimes a new member introduction becomes a question. That is fine.

Best to start a new thread in a topic forum to get most members viewing. Not all of us frequent this one.

Simplest answer to your question is that you need an external audio interface. No PC comes with a good sound card worth recording with. Not even close! You PC is likely adequate.

Google 'Audio Interface'. Find what your needs are and purchase accordingly. And feel free to ask members here their advice. Many of us here to help. :)

I'm an OLD musician, singer-songwriter, guitar player (45+ years), but NEW to this recording stuff. I have a big iMac (Catalina 10.15), UR-RT2 interface, and Cubase 10 LE/AI. I can record vocals and guitar into Cubase, BUT, for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the VST Groove Agent drum patterns to record onto a track. I probably even did something wrong in the reply! As I said, I'm old.

I'm an OLD musician, singer-songwriter, guitar player (45+ years), but NEW to this recording stuff. I have a big iMac (Catalina 10.15), UR-RT2 interface, and Cubase 10 LE/AI. I can record vocals and guitar into Cubase, BUT, for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the VST Groove Agent drum patterns to record onto a track. I probably even did something wrong in the reply! As I said, I'm old.

Welcome Big Dog!

Try creating a instrument track with Grove Agent. Then select the pencil tool and draw in the track. It think it works that way. It does with other drum VST's.

I haven't used one in a long time but I think that should get you going. :)

RCA cables are likely your issue. Seems you have the Scarlet Gen 1 or 2? It only has RCA outputs. :(

Gen 3 has TRS outputs.

Use TRS cables to connect your KRK's if you have 1/4" outputs out of the Scarlet. If not, just try to move the interface away from the PC and away from electrical cables. Otherwise, I am not sure what else to do.

Maybe Dave ecc83 can come up with some ideas.

Best!

Sure can! AV Link Ground Loop Isolator: Amazon.co.uk: Hi-Fi & Speakers

One of those ^ between the Solo and the Rokits should prove if the problem is an earth (aka ground, aka hum) loop.
It only costs a couple of beers and so is not exactly 'hi fi' but it will work well as an isolator. If it solves the problem you can then think of more expensive, quality solutions such as the Art Cleanbox 2 or maybe a better interface with balanced outputs?

Dave.

Chris here! - Just joined out of desperation to learn how to use the Boss BR1600. Especially the drum side of it!
>>>> If anyone reads this and lives near Pensacola, FL. PLEASE let me know!
>>>> I will pay for some lessons!

Glad you all got to meet me and experience my desperation! XD

Hi my name is Toni, I have lingered on occasion here throughout the years but have been put off Forums a lot such as the horrible gs etc hope this one is better, have played music since I was 8 my earliest memory of such an event before I could even play a note was leaving my guitar to feedback through my little Fender champ type amp while eating the Sunday roast downstairs with the family and its been downhill ever since. I am now looking to set up a small analogue studio at home as I am to old to play out here in the UK as we don't have the venue and its all so conservative and skimped. Love reel to reel and old school..

What mic? What PC?

Welcomo! :)

Hi,

I got this microphone: Boya BY-MM1

The cables came included with it are too short to connect to my desktop. Had intended to buy it for home recording but I seem to have bought something more fit on cameras unfortunately.

It came with two cables, TRS and TRRS. TRS works on the PC audio input jack in front of the case. TRRS doesn't.

I want to connect that to my PC with this cable: Anker 3.5mm Nylon Braided Auxiliary Audio Cable (4ft / 1.2m) Tangle-Free AUX Cable for Headphones, iPods, iPhones, iPads, Home/Car Stereos and More (Red)

Can't post the link, new member but if you google you'll find that on amazon.

Would it work? Would I need something different? The mic seems to have built in condenser.

Here's what it says on the mic specs:

Transducer: Electret Condenser
Polar pattern: Cardioid
Frequency Response: 35-18KHz +/-3dB
Sensitivity: -42dB +/- 1dB / 0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz
Signal to Noise Ratio: 76dB SPL
Plug: 3.5mm TRS and TRRS connection
Dimensions: Φ22*81mm

The BOYA BY-MM1 is a cardioid microphone, which specially design to improve the sound quality of videos on the basis of build-in microphones. With both TRS cable and TRRS output cable included, it canbe used on Smartphones, cameras, camcorders, audio recorders, PCs, and other audio/video recording devices.

My name is Krown
I am a Male
I am a Nigerian?
I make Gospel beats. However, through different genres of beats.

I am a shy person but I'm friendly when i get to know more about people.

I look forward to learning more about home recording from you all.

My name is Max. Grew up playing acoustic guitar. 33 y.o. and just completed my first home studio. Wanting to learn the ropes of home production. Goal is to be self sufficient in creating and producing.

Hello, everyone! I'm Jarrod, and I've been recording on and off since 2006. I'm 40, and I live in central Texas, United States. I'm also a musician, playing mostly guitar and bass, but I can hold my own with drums. I love to record, mix, and master!

Hi I am Barry a pro musician ( sax, flute, guitar and vocals) for past 37 yrs. song writer and former public school music teacher ( Electronic music, Music theory, jazz ensemble and elementary band) for 31 yrs. I have dabbled with 4 track cassette machines for years and recorded a bunch of originals on them. I also had one of those zoom hand held SD card machines for a bit. I now have the Tascam 8 track DP-08 SD digital 8track machine. In the past I have recorded with other artists in 24 track studios as a hired musician.. I amlooking for some answers since I am not great with digital recording.Thanks!

Hi I'm Steve - a noob and a nobody. But since I'm a member here now I feel like I'm part of something great!

Last edited:
Hey! Im Zach, just looking to improve on my singing to get to a point where I can maybe busk? Also looking into setting up a home recording studio in the near future!!

Hey Everyone my name is Kevin. I am a musician from Michigan, USA and am looking to further my knowledge of the tracking, mixing, and mastering processes. Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Back