New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello,Im BUZZ HEAD, I recently received a M-Audio Fast TRACK Audio Interface with Pro Tools SE Software from a friend.I know nothing about Recording. I have been on the Web trying to get info.I have a DELL Inspiron15 3000 will this lap top do the job? Any info would help. THANX!

Try it and see.

Go to manufacturers websites and download drivers for your PC.

The only way to really know is to try. If it works with your system and it's specs then you are off to a good start.

Depending on what your needs are for recording, the computer may be adequate for audio recording. Maybe not powerful enough to run multiple VST's.

Start by starting. :)

How is everyone? I decided to look for a good community i wanted to be a part of and grow with! I've been making music for 10+yrs now and am always looking for new ideas, new techniques and just new people to work with! I also have tons of forum experience and can help with wherever is needed. Thank you all I look forward to meeting with you!

Hi I've recently joined this forum. I'm looking for guidance on a BR 1180 with HDD error. I've tried replacing the HDD from watching YouTube videos and have read some internet threads so have discovered the hidden menu and how to use the utility menu properly. To date I haven't had any luck getting the device to complete an initialization of the HDD.
I have tried a variety of drives, like for like 40 pin ATA 30gb. 40 pin ATA 160 gb and 160gb SATA laptop HDD with converter to 40pin connection.
The laptop drive seemed to almost complete and allowed me to set partitions but then failed. I was able to connect it to my pc and could see that the partitions were there as were some boss files. I cannot read the older ATA drives on my pc even with connection adapters for a moder winX motherboard.
Any ideas will be welcome.
Thanks
Jools

Newbie to this site and in dire need of some advice on how to hard pan my Kurzweil pc2x for live application. Playing bass in left and other stuff on the right but getting a lot of bleed through. Advise on where I should post please.

Hi there ! My name is Larry and I'm excited about being part of this!

Making music has always been a big part of my life, I'm just in the process of transitioning from performer (Jazz/flute sax player) to music producer. (I'll keep performing too!!)

I've been working on Ableton and Reaper for about a year now, and love it more and more!

I love the idea of getting everything (or most things) done at home in front of the computer.

Thanks everyone for this community, it is a beautiful thing to do :-)

Hi, I'm Tom.

Have been recording, producing, mixing and more recently mastering music and audio for around 17 years. My dad was a producer and studio manager at the BBC when I was born, as I got older he would take me to work and start to show me how things worked. He used to play the records for and edit John Peel's show together. Anyway I studied for a BA in Sound Engineering in the early 2000s, and have an experienced ear. I would like to build up on my own as a mix engineer/mastering engineer. I have access to API, Neve, SSL, Audient, Focusrite and Universal Audio (although I do not buy into their software emulations) gear. I also have a select collection of Kush/Sly-Fi audio, Brainworx, Softube, Fabfilter and Tokyo Dawn Labs plugins. I use Studio One (v4) as my daw. As I am just starting out on my own, I've decided to offer free multi track and stem mixing, audio editing and mastering to build up a portfolio of work. My musical tastes have mainly centred around UK dance music, I have been djing dnb since 1998. However I appreciate and am happy to work on all styles of music. I listen to a wide variety of music with my favourite band band being Steely Dan. Anyway l've rambled enough. If anyone is interested please let know.

Thanks

Tom

My Introduction

New to the forum? Say hello, tell us a little about your self. Meet the gang :p

Welcome to HomeRecording Forum! :guitar:

Hello! My name is Nick. I'm new to the forum and to recording in general. My band has recorded an album at a studio, but I figured why not try my hand at doing things myself because I have the summer off (I just graduated from high school). I've just bought protools a few days ago and just downloaded a stem to practice on. Excited to learn!

I am new in the music field. I am learning guitar from the last eight months. I am here to get knowledge about mixing sound, recording, etc.

Hello,Im BUZZ HEAD, I recently received a M-Audio Fast TRACK Audio Interface with Pro Tools SE Software from a friend.I know nothing about Recording. I have been on the Web trying to get info.I have a DELL Inspiron15 3000 will this lap top do the job? Any info would help. THANX!

Hi Buzz, that Dell seems to have an i3 2G processor. I have an HP laptop, i3 370m which is 2.4G (2 cores, 4 with ht) and it seems fine for most applications, will run 20 or so Cubase tracks.

Mind you it is running W7. Is the Dell W10? If so you might have problems if you "load it up". If it IS 10 and you wanted to keep it you could look to getting the HDD swapped for an SSD? Windows 10 really does like them more than spinners especially if that is only 5,400rpm.

Dave.

Last edited:
Howdy folks. I'm a tenor sax player, more of an entertainer than a classically trained musician. I improvise blues, R&B, light jazz. I'm trying to move in the direction of electronica. I'm using Live 9 on a 64 box (I have ProTools as well) and have been trying for days to get my newly-purchased Behringer UMC404HD to work. I was just successful sort of. I had to uninstall ASIO4All (for an Arturia Keystep), reboot, then install the 404HD drivers with the unit disconnected. Now I'm getting sound through my left channel headphone from channel 1 on the 404HD.

New problems: how to get ASIO4All and UMC ASIO drivers to work without un- re-installing drivers and

2) how to get Live 9 to playback recorded tracks with Behringer plugged in.

Dan

"You can lead a horse to water, but if you can em to lie on its back and float, then you got something" - W. C. Fields

Hi, I'm Chris and I've been making music for about 4 years now. Started with just guitar and singing and eventually began to use Ableton as my main DAW. I started a band called Luke Loww 2 years ago and we've been playing some local live shows in socal. Just stumbled across this forum recently and I'm looking to improve my recording/producing/mixing/performing skills. All around just trying to make good music that people connect with and can groove to. Look forward to taking part in the discussion!

Hello from Sydney, Australia...4 Track home recorder just joined this forum along with the other big tape recorders forum, a little about me, got a weekend job at a supermarket when I was in school to get the money for a Tascam 414 which I still own. Went studio/digital in my band years now I've drifted back to the 4track. So much more satisfying. Recently bought a Yamaha MT4X because it was going for just over $100 2nd hand, couldn't resist, it's go a couple of extra features from the 414 but I'm not sure which one i like best. Anyway I'll probably be pandering to the tech heads here to figure out how I can get more out of my machines. Am working on an album-EP of sorts which I'll put on bandcamp eventually, so all of half a dozen people might listen to it.

Back