New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

I just spent about 2 days trying to make a single track off a bootleg sound better. Is there something wrong with me, or have I have my people?

I'm thrilled to find this site. I have a massive collection of concert audio that I want to improve the sound on. I just got Audacity (I lied, I have been using it for years but just to amplify and convert) and have been messing with noise removal, eq, compression, all that stuff. Its all very new and a little confusing and I can't figure out if RAISING the DB means going towards or away from 0. So I am going to poke around a little, I assume there are like minded folsk here doing similar stuff.

I like long walks, 3d movies, threatening strangers at the CVS and funnel cakes.

I just spent about 2 days trying to make a single track off a bootleg sound better. Is there something wrong with me, or have I have my people?

I'm thrilled to find this site. I have a massive collection of concert audio that I want to improve the sound on. I just got Audacity (I lied, I have been using it for years but just to amplify and convert) and have been messing with noise removal, eq, compression, all that stuff. Its all very new and a little confusing and I can't figure out if RAISING the DB means going towards or away from 0. So I am going to poke around a little, I assume there are like minded folsk here doing similar stuff.

I like long walks, 3d movies, threatening strangers at the CVS and funnel cakes.

I prefer to threaten strangers at Walgreens.

Crap. Then I really must be in the wrong place!

Yeah, I don't think they have any beer here. I don't even think they have coffee and cigarettes. There might be a water cooler, though. I've seen a few people standing around and lots of those cone shaped cups laying on the floor. Usually, if they have a keg hidden somewhere, you see red plastic cups. ;)

Pouring a guinness, smoking a cigarette, with an unfinished coffee from earlier, having a giggle.
Welcome, [MENTION=59458]Beerhunter[/MENTION] :)

Hello, I like to repair If possible old reel to reel recorders. I am strictly a novice though and am not learned per say. I manage to get things working most times. I got two old Sony Stereo Center 230 R to r's up and working well. I purchased two Akai X200D R to R decks and managed to get them going but they are still in need of a lot of work as they have problems recording as play back of the right channels. The latest machine I got is an Akai M-10 which is like the one I had bought years ago new but burn up in a house fire. So, I found this "tired" M-10 that also needs a lot of work as it sounds terrible but works. That is my long tail about R to r's as I like them a lot.

Hi my name is Shawn. I’ve been writing and recording music for a while but I still consider myself new to DAW recording since I don’t know much about plug ins and all the effects inside Pro Tools. I mainly record piano and have looked up several videos on YouTube about eq, compression and limiting to try and get a better quality sound. It seems like most of them are for full bands or acoustic pianos which doesn’t help me much.

Hey all - I'm re-introducing myself after years of mostly reading. Been recording for a long time, weened on analog, schooled on SSL's/API's, but got sidetracked by youth and the festivities in SoCal in the '80's... I have a nice setup now, lucky enough to be able to buy good gear. Hoping to collaborate with anyone willing to help analyze mixes, etc. My chops are rusty, but I used to be a half decent engineer. Translating that skill to Pro Tools has been challenging, but also pretty enlightening; with the depth of tools at our fingertips we have less excuses for messing up. My playing has suffered with age, but I'm workin on that - could use some inspiration! Anyway, I know there's a million just like me on this site, and I'll find people to share work with pretty easy. Thanks for reading.

My Name is Jerry, I love to make music and really am looking forward to having questions answered and answering question.

Hi, My name is Steve. I have a TEAC X 3-MK II reel to reel with very little use. I bought it in the early 80"s and have keep it covered whenever not in use. All of a sudden, the reels want to go in opposite directions. Am I forgetting to do something basic? Thanks!

My name is Russell from Texas and seriously trying to get into home recording. As a musician I am primarily a bass player. Purchased a Mac Book Pro earlier this year as a starting point. I have been playing for 50 years (you read that right). Would like some advice on some additional beginner set up that won’t break the bank. Any input is appreciated. Seems like to me an audio interface and a DAW are the next two logical items.

Hi! I'm Sarah and I make soundtracks and ambient guitar (at the moment, I've done rock, pop, and really crap metal in the past...)

Always wanted to be a music producer for a living but never made it out of the house.

Hello,Im BUZZ HEAD, I recently received a M-Audio Fast TRACK Audio Interface with Pro Tools SE Software from a friend.I know nothing about Recording. I have been on the Web trying to get info.I have a DELL Inspiron15 3000 will this lap top do the job? Any info would help. THANX!

Back