New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

I recently bought an Optimus SCT-57 cassette deck for $27.99 on eBay. It works great and has all the necessary features, even Dolby S. It works great. My question is how does the BLE XD feature for recording make my recordings sound better? I am currently recording without using that feature. The next tape I make will use the BLE XD feature.

Hey All,

I'm Ed,

Been recording for few years now, lots of different ways, No Daw sometimes, sometimes loads of shit and DAW,
I like trippy stuff, psych rock, retro vibe, you can check my blog called Widenexperimental maybe you find it, if so leave a comment, I'll be happy to get some feedback. :guitar:

Cheers lads!

Good morning/afternoon/evening/night all.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

My friend recommended this forum so I'm joining up. Looking forward to checking out some shared music on here, leaving some feedback and sharing my own for you to do the same in due course.

Not sure if this spices things up or not, but I exclusively record with NO recording equipment, other than an iPhone (and of course my acoustic guitar and occasional tambourine). I usually also do most of the mixing on the phone too. Still waiting to buy myself a Mac. I wish I could hide behind the fact I'm young but I'm 29 and have still never bought myself a laptop... uplifting thought for the day for you.

Cheers and see you around the forum.

Matt

Greetings,
I was Googling Tag and found my clarification on a Home Recording theard.
I have been taking drum lessons for 2 years from 3 teachers. I started learning to program Yamaha Multi-12 DTX, which eventaually lead to setting up a DAW and recording. Currently I am learning Protools and keyboard. I look forward to READING AND LEARNING.

Insomniac posting from U.K.! Brass player starting out on home recording odyssey. Loads to learn and this looks like a great place to start. Sleep calls! Good night!

Insomniac posting from U.K.! Brass player starting out on home recording odyssey. Loads to learn and this looks like a great place to start. Sleep calls! Good night!

Ay'up Dusty. When you wake up FFS do not buy any kit until The Men have spoken. Brass is at least less demanding of low noise preamps but I am sure carries its own particular recording foibles!

If you don't have anything already the basics are..

Microphone,
Audio Interface,
Headphones,

You will also need some recording software (called a Digital Audio Workstation) but most budget interfaces come with something you can use very well to start with. Quite often Cubase.

Dave.

Ha! Haven’t been called Dusty for years, Dave. I’m a bit of a way down the road already as it goes. I’ve played trumpet for years but just getting round to writing and recording my own stuff. I have a reasonable setup - mainly older versions of Cubase, Reason and an Edirol ua25, Mk449 keys. It’ll do for now!
Ta!

Ay'up Dusty. When you wake up FFS do not buy any kit until The Men have spoken. Brass is at least less demanding of low noise preamps but I am sure carries its own particular recording foibles!

If you don't have anything already the basics are..

Microphone,
Audio Interface,
Headphones,

You will also need some recording software (called a Digital Audio Workstation) but most budget interfaces come with something you can use very well to start with. Quite often Cubase.

Dave.

Ha! Haven’t been called Dusty for years, Dave. I’m a bit of a way down the road already as it goes. I’ve played trumpet for years but just getting round to writing and recording my own stuff. I have a reasonable setup - mainly older versions of Cubase, Reason and an Edirol ua25, Mk449 keys. It’ll do for now!
Ta!

Ok "Mr Miller" then! Hah! Yes, you seem to be equipped. What mic(s) do you have and how do you monitor? You will find the active monitor market is well stuffed these days and there is a lot of "dross" about. If you want something reasonably accurate IMHO you should hold out for a pair in the £2000 region.

As you read more here you will see peeps are heavily into room treatment and that at least is something you can do progressively.

Dave.

Cheers Dave! Tony is the name. No formals needed here. :)
As to monitors £2k is well beyond my means tbh. Come on, I’m only a poor trumpet player in a brass band at the mo. Anyway, our band drummer runs a studio so I’ll probably get a demo together at home then do a day at his place if I think it’s worth it. I have a couple of budget mics (ones an M-Audio Luna and the other came with an iTrack dock i recently bought, which btw is useless midi wise). The little recording I’ve done with them seems to come out ok. (Well, I’m pleased with it and that’s what matters I suppose!)
Thanks for your interest and posts.
Tony

Ok "Mr Miller" then! Hah! Yes, you seem to be equipped. What mic(s) do you have and how do you monitor? You will find the active monitor market is well stuffed these days and there is a lot of "dross" about. If you want something reasonably accurate IMHO you should hold out for a pair in the £2000 region.

As you read more here you will see peeps are heavily into room treatment and that at least is something you can do progressively.

Dave.

Hi, I am Gautam Roy. Active in recording field for more than 11 years. Recorded more then 3500 songs in various genres as well as several movies. I Have a blog recordingbase.com where I post my daily recording experiences. That's it.

Hello Everyone,

I'm Dogwatcher. I hope all is well with everyone. Pretty new to Home Recording. I'm working on recording vocals along with backing tracks, making Youtube videos etc. I'm using Cakewalk by Bandlab, an Edirol UA-101, a Shure BG 2.1, a PG 58, a small M-Audio BX5a as a monitor. I've also got a Yamaha MG10XU and two 4 or 500 Watt Opera Lyric Speakers. Thanks for having me onboard. Best regards

Hey. My name is Călin. I make weird electronic music as Marcus Aburelius. Trying to upgrading my mixing skills so I will be spending some time around here with you guys.

Yerrrrrr What's up y'all. Everybody calls me Zae (That's also my stage name) and I was born and raised in Baltimore, MD but i currently live in Pennsylvania. I consider myself a hip-hop artist but I also sing. I'm pretty much a well-rounded artist I sing, dance, rap, DJ, and produce. I love all kinds of music so I can adapt to pretty much any style. If anyone wants to work my instagram is Kingkapua96, shoot me a message and we can go from there!

Wyn from Denmark. i use fruityloops and tracktion. just getting into the technical things and all of a sudden theres a lot of questions but not so many answers.

hey, first post, got a referral from a TDPRI member. My band CD is done, band practicing and tour dates for 2019 all set..BUT..wife(singer) we got hit & run 2 weeks ago and it injured her and re injured her neck from c2 to c7 AGAIN...been a rough last 2 years ..we couldnt play out.i am blessed to own a company so our life is manageable. Have great amps,guitars and do some studio work on guitar & bass from time to time as requested. genre is rock to hard rock to slightly heavy. Since we just squashed all of 2019 until a legal & medical clearance is given and wife is better !! Praying !! I am going to build a studio and would like your help. I want to keep recording while i can stay at home and help her recover and keep the next CD moving along. Also, i want to be able to record some local bands for free. My studio guy uses Pro Tools. I would appreciate some guidance and lets start with the software and build a good basic rack unit..i am all new to this and look forward to this next endeavor in life..also i would willingly take courses as i really want to learn this , thanks Den

Hello Everyone , 50 yr old guitarist looking to work on the other side of the glass , Some experience of recording in studios,
- Decided to try and restore a AKAI MG1212 - found some great info on here and was hoping for any suggestions for parts source without having to purchase another unit ( wife would send me to sleep in the garage )
Thanks in advance
Kirk

Back