New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello, my name's Pieter and I've registered myself here to learn how to improve my electro-house production using fl-studio.

HI,
Al an old retired master diver from the Navy going thru my disability. Play a little guitar but have been collecting everything for a small home recording studio. I have Studio One Pro with the audio box set. Monitors and getting the amp for the passive speakers this week. Also have guitar pro and a few other programs. Son gave me a key board but I don't have a clue how to play one:) Looking for help in a little to record more for my own feed back with my guitar playing and maybe some mixing with 2 or 3 guitars. Just about there with all the equipment. Thanks for any feed back or help. Starting from the very beginning, a real newbi here with recording and utilizing DAW Programs.

Thanks,
Al

Hey all,

I'm pretty new to the recording scene, been playing a variety of instruments for a while so I thought I'd finally pick up some equipment and do some home recording!

So far, I've gotten a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and am borrowing a friend's Blue Bluebird. I hope to record acoustic guitar, vocals, cajon/djembe, and some filler cymbals and shaker.

I'll be looking to get some sdc's soon!

Steve here. A longtime amateur musician and fairly new home recording enthusiast. Mainly a guitarist but also play some keyboards and fiddle with other instruments.

I started off using a boss 8 track and still use it even though I have computer recording software. Should I pitch the 8 track and go right into using the computer? Are the advantages great/obvious enough or is it a personal choice to most of you?

Last edited:
Hello. I'm Pat. I've been playing guitar for (counting fingers) 33 years and no I do not have that many fingers. I've messed around with cassette 4-racks for years but have now got into DAW recording and getting a little more serious about it. I have a small spare bed room where I play and record. I am learning a lot from this site and am glad I found it. I hope to have some quality recordings before too long, good enough to share with you fine folks.

Hey all.

I have three guys with two guitars, a bass and two mics.

I am using a Mac with Garage Band and an input device that has only two inputs.

Is there a cheap way to plug us all in at one time?

Thanks
Fetchwood

PS:I anticipate a stern finger pointed to some thread since I'm only supposed to intro here. . .

Hey, i'm Alan and im new to mixing, i produce hiphop and many genres of EDM however i cant mix to save my life...lol. Hoping that joining this site may help me change that and start understanding it a bit better.

Not exactly a new member, as I said in the "Get your 10" thread, I was a member here but I think I got pruned due to inactivity.

Singer/songwriter/producer from Toronto. Pleased to re-make your acquaintances :)

hey guys, im max, and i am a freshman in highschool and play the bass. I am just about as much of a noob as possible, and dont know anything about recording, but i would love to start! looking for helpful ideas to set up a little recording system with my computer in which i can record my bass, guitar, and maybe add some other instrument and vocal tracks. Thanks!

Hi, guys!
I'm Yanis.
For many years I did not know what to do with my self and where to go,
until I got my first guitar.
And it all came clear after learning - Let It Be by Beatles.
Now I'm building my home studio here in Ireland and hoping to finish it before summer.
PC - check
DAW - ...
Bass - check
Electric guitar - check
Acoustic guitar - check
Midi Keyboard - check
Monitors - ...
Interface - ...
Mics - ...
Boss GT10 effector - ...

:listeningmusic:

Hi All.

Hello all, happy to join the site, and really hope to learn a lot. i have the recording monkey on my back..

Heya everyone! :listeningmusic: I'm Birdie07...

I'm 15 year old kid from India who loves to sing! :) I've been performing live music for 3 years and am currently new into recording...Onto building an adequate Home recording studio! :) I love this forum and appreciate all the help! :)

I mostly sing Pop, Alt Rock, Country and sometimes rap...While doing Rap-singing performances... :)

Hey all!

My name is Stewart and am just starting to get into home recording! Just got logic pro and am loving every new thing I learn. I am currently recording a hip-hop EP. God bless ya'll!

I'd better introduce myself on here: I'm Trish, I live in London. I love music and complaining about stuff in my songs. I like this forum and have learned more in the week I've been on here than I ever could've on my own. Whoo for the interweb and all you decent folk out there willing to lend me a helping hand.

Back