New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

RichTrav joined today so I can fix up a Teac-144. I need it for my ancient Bell and Howell Filmosound cassette tapes. It's cassette deck uses two r/w heads on a standard cassette but it only writes/reads one direction. The audio is track 1&2 and the sync pulses from the camera are on track 3&4. The only way I can process and dupe these tapes is with a 4 Channel such as the Teac-144. The sync pulses were produced by a faulty camera so I am going to have to use audiology to rewrite good sync pulses on a new tape. When the original tapes are played with the projector, the bad sync pulses make the projector's speed control go crazy. Two 400ft tapes are bad and the rest are ok. Hope it works. Need to replace belts first.

G'day from Australia. I'm a singer-songwriter who is trying to do some home recording. I primarily use Nuendo 4 on a fairly powerful Win 7 machine. My needs are pretty simple, just voice and acoustic guitar. I found this forum because I do have one major issue at the moment with audio recording, but I don't think this thread is the place to ask my questions. I'll look around the forum and see what I find. I hope to stick around for quite awhile.

Hey Guy's

I've been mixing and mastering for about 7 years now. Just found this forum, so i'm hoping to learn a few things and share some of my own experience.

-Jeff

GREETINGS! I AM A FORMER PROFESSIONAL MUSICIAN WHO IS JUST NOW SETTING UP MY SMALL HOME STUDIO. I AM OLD ENOUGH NOT TO EMBARRASSED IN ASKING A MULTITUDE OF QUESTIONS FOR I AM SO ANTIQUATED REGARDING TODAY'S TECHNOLOGY. SO, HERE I GO! I JUST PURCHASED MY ALESIS ONE MK2 STUDIO MONITORS AND NOW AM STUDYING AMPLIFIERS. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT I GET A 150w TO 4 OHM AMPLIFIER. MY OLD MAN QUESTION IS " CAN i USE ANY TYPE OF 150w AMP OR MUST I USE A SPECIFIC REFERENCE AMP? MANY THANKS!

New here!

Hey guys, I'm StudioHermit, I've been trying this home recording thing for about 6 years. Only learning something and getting serious about it for about a year and a half. Been lurking on your board, reading and learning from posts, for a few months and finally grew a pair and registered. Nice to meet you all!

Hey guys, I'm StudioHermit, I've been trying this home recording thing for about 6 years. Only learning something and getting serious about it for about a year and a half. Been lurking on your board, reading and learning from posts, for a few months and finally grew a pair and registered. Nice to meet you all!
nice to meet you welcome

Hey guys :) I'm a student at the Berklee College of Music, I came here because I very very very little knowledge as far as recording goes, and want to do everything I can to fix that. Looking forward to learning from you all!

Hi everyone
My name is Owen and I'm a gear-a-holic
It has been 2 weeks since my last purchase and I pray to god every day to deliver me from further temptation :D

Glad to be a part of this community

Owen

Hi, my name is João and I'm from Portugal. I play guitar and I have a very basic recording setup. I love to record and compose new songs, producing and working with other musicians is also something I like to do. Got here and hope to learn and evolve as time goes by. Especially learning with people around here.

Hey, my name is Joey, im for the most part a newbie to the recording world but i do know a little bit and im willing to lend a hand however needed ( if applicable, no money loans, did that once turned out to be bad in my part, legs were supposed to get broken. . O_O i fear ive said to much back to topic, maybe they wont notice ) and im going to be trying to learn everything i possibly can

Hello my name is Andy (47yrs old) and I am new to recording - just purchased Mixcraft Pro, Line 6 UX-1 interface and could use some assistance and advice from anyone who knows the software and how to proceed correctly?

Hello everyone! Just got into home recording I've always had a keen interest in it. So far I have a MacPro, with a PreSonus Audio Box with Studio One software, still researching on what mic to get for recording guitar. Slow and steady I guess and lots of research to come.

hey.. m mickey.. i listen to almost every genre (leave pop)... i usually listn to death metal, djent,progressive rock, post rock, ambient stuff... also like to do acoustic indie stuff... iv been playing guitars for almst 3 yrs nw... nd i cant afford recording equipments n stuff... soo just want to get started wth learning recording stuff :D ..

Got my first guitar back around '66 or '67, stopped playing in 2000 due to health issues, grew tired of sitting around waiting to die so I began playing again last year and have been so amazed at how much change has come about over the past decade. Hopefully I'll learn a bit about all these new fangled gizmos and doodahs if I hang around here for a bit, and will again be able to share my music with others.

namaste

Hello everyone. Ive been reading this forum daily for some time now and finally decided that I would register and join the club haha. A little about myself I guess. I am primarily a guitar player. Been playing for about 10 years or so now. Ive been recording my own music in some way shape or form for about the last 6 years or so, starting out with some crappy tascam 4 track cassette thing onto my computer rig that i have now. Right now I am currently working on my bands first full length cd and i regularily check these forums for anything relevant to what i am doing. I consider myself mostly a hobbyist with recording at this point, though who knows? I guess thats all I have. I hope to continue to learn from everyone here and maybe even make a contribution myself at some point! lol

Tim here from Harrison Consoles.

Long time surfer, first time subscriber. I hope I can help answer Qs about the Harrison Mixbus DAW.

Very glad to be a part of the community!

Back