New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hallo everyone here.
Im Martin and Im recording some Progressive Rock / Metal ,
Im about 2 years learning how to record and mix. Normally Im using Protools and sometimes logic.
hopefully I will help someone sometimes and you will help me too :)
Its nice to join you.

Hey Guys!
I'm Spencer and I am pretty new to recording. I currently own Cubase, a couple of mikes, and a focusrite saffire interface. I'm also interested in analog recording. This site is already so helpful and I'm glad to become a part of it!

I'm Sammy Reed, and I'm starting out (again) trying to do multitrack recording. If there's something I don't know about, I'll ask it here, and I hope it doesn't bug you.

Hi everyone, Andy here. Been playing guitar for years, and am finally getting round to learning how to record it properly. Will be posting a track in the Mp3 clinic once I hit the 10 post mark.

Introduction

Hey HomeRecording folks,
I'm new to home recording and slowly working on building my home studio. I've spent some time researching the prospect of this project for a bit and I just acquired the Zoom R16. I also purchased a low end set of 4 headphones along with a headphone amp to power them. I've decided to hold off on monitors until I can purchase a pair of what seems to be mid-range (~$500) monitors. My next investment is going to be room acoustics and set-up.
My main reason for setting up a studio at this point is to record my band's originals, but I can see doing a lot more with the set up as things progress. I play the Bassango* in an outlaw bluegrass band.
*The Bassango is a homemade instrument that has continually evolved since its inception just prior to the Walnut Valley Music Festival last September. It's a stand-up bass banjo of sorts. I'll have to post a pic at some point.
I'm a hands-on DIY type of person, for monetary purposes and just because that's the kind of guy I am, which is probably why I'm interested in building a studio and doing home recording in the first place.
I'm looking forward to laying down a few tracks and getting familiarized with the Zoom R16 and playing with the DAW. I'm sure I'm going to have a steep learning curve and I'll have a lot of questions, but that's all part of learning something new now isn't it.
I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks in advance for HomeRecording.com for having a place for enthusiasts to go and talk with those that have been there, and to those of you spreading your knowledge to those in need.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)
David

Hi, my name is Warren and I thought this sight would be a great source of info before starting my recording endeavour. Running snow leopard and just purchased logic pro.
Looking into getting a recording board that will enable me to record drums off the floor. "I want to make the right choice the first time."
I wish everyone here success!
Cheers!
Warren

Hi, I'm Skúli.
I'm relatively new to the world of recording but I've been surfing HR pretty hard and have learned a lot.

Cheers.

Hi, I'm Grant.
I started recording at age 16, 8 yrs. ago. I started recording other people last year. My brother and I run a small recording business/"record label" in the small town where I go to college in Idaho. I'm studying psychology, but I'm thinking of just pursuing recording/producing career instead (we'll see). I love weird/rad rock'n'roll, 60's pop, Motown, most things by Phil Spector and anything by the Beach Boys. I'm a pretty decent bass player and I love learning to play instruments in general.

newbie to blogging. 5yrs recording. 20yrs shreading. looking to record a metal album on my own. I've done the gigging seen and I dont like lugging my gear around for peanuts and arguing with bar owners over pay. I've been on the radio and on compilation disc's shopped around to radio stations all over. opened for bigger bands (days of the new, american head charge, drowning pool, dope). I have pro tools and some recordings to sample. I play pro gear (mesa triple rect, gibson les paul,washburn baritone). I'm looking to refine my recording knowledge and to gain a 2nd guitar, bass player and vocalist. ballsy I know. but why not try to approach things from a different angle. can internet success mean record deal? I dont know. maybe maybe not. I'm game. you? email me and we can talk more. shellofme@hotmail.com

newbie to blogging. 5yrs recording. 20yrs shreading. looking to record a metal album on my own. I've done the gigging seen and I dont like lugging my gear around for peanuts and arguing with bar owners over pay. I've been on the radio and on compilation disc's shopped around to radio stations all over. opened for bigger bands (days of the new, american head charge, drowning pool, dope). I have pro tools and some recordings to sample. I play pro gear (mesa triple rect, gibson les paul,washburn baritone). I'm looking to refine my recording knowledge and to gain a 2nd guitar, bass player and vocalist. ballsy I know. but why not try to approach things from a different angle. can internet success mean record deal? I dont know. maybe maybe not. I'm game. you? email me and we can talk more. shellofme@hotmail.com

Sounds like you are just arrogant enough to be lazy, yet talented, and lucked out enough to have opening gigs for small venue headliners. Sorry, but I feel a bit of 'self indulgent' bullshizzle coming out of your introduction. Maybe we should talk about collaborating, shellofme. :)

Samples, or it didn't happen....

By the way, you know I was razzing you right? You tried to do that to me last year. Touche...

Hi all!
My name is Matthew. I am pursuing a degree in audio engineering and and business. I love recording, not just music but commercials, video, and audio... well most any. lol.

I am currently running Pro Tools on my MacBook Pro, avid c600/ focusrite scarlet 2i2, and monitoring/mixing on equator D5s. and have a Handful of sm57's...

still building my rig. I am looking to save up for a Mackie onyx 1640i. Anywho! glad to be here!

.... one last thing... is there an app that this forum will open on? I am always on the go.

Back