Page 316 of 319 FirstFirst ... 216 266 306 314 315 316 317 318 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 3188

Thread: New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Welcome folks.

There are lots of good people here to help guide you regardless of your level of expertise and how deeply you want to go in building your recording system. Have fun, read the "stickies" and don't be shy about asking a question.

northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Thanks
    Hi Clara and a double welcome becuase we get so few ladies here!

"Music Industry" ? Can you expand on that? Do you play an instrument, sing? Are you interested/involved in recording?

Dave (non playing V old valve amp tech: Rtd)

Thanks
    Hi, Brian here. An older newbie. Been a member of this Forum a while back when using a Zoom R16 which I still use, but recently made the jump to digital recording with Protools (First) DAW and bought a Scarlett solo audio interface to get me started. Having some issues with buzzing when transitioning from window to window. Maybe someone could point me in the direction of a relevant thread to find a solution. Thanks folks and look forward to getting to know the community here.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmckee View Post
    Hi, Brian here. An older newbie. Been a member of this Forum a while back when using a Zoom R16 which I still use, but recently made the jump to digital recording with Protools (First) DAW and bought a Scarlett solo audio interface to get me started. Having some issues with buzzing when transitioning from window to window. Maybe someone could point me in the direction of a relevant thread to find a solution. Thanks folks and look forward to getting to know the community here.
    Hello Brian. Welcome.

When you say 'buzzing from window to window', do you mean screens within a program? That sounds like a possible issue regarding PC interference with monitor audio cables.

Please start a thread with all of your equipment and specifications. Likely something as simple as a cable change.
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 10 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks

Screen Buzz when transitioning between windows

Thanks Jimmys69 for the reply.

To help find a solution, my set up is as follows:

Tower PC (custom made)
    OS - Windows 10
    DAW - Protools First
    Audio Interface - Scarlett Solo
    Studio Monitors - KRK Rokit 5s connected to Scarlett using new AmazonBasics 2-Male to 2-Male RCA Audio Cable - (1.22 meters)

I get varying levels of buzzing through my Rokits when I have certain programs open e.g. Protools or when opening up a new browser session in Chrome but the buzz reduces or stops when I minimise the window. The buzz can be better or worse between white and black screens. I've checked all cable connections and no obvious loose cables.

Any suggestions would be most welcome. If you need more info let me know.

Thanks

Brian

QUOTE=brianmckee;4525929]Hi, Brian here. An older newbie. Been a member of this Forum a while back when using a Zoom R16 which I still use, but recently made the jump to digital recording with Protools (First) DAW and bought a Scarlett solo audio interface to get me started. Having some issues with buzzing when transitioning from window to window. Maybe someone could point me in the direction of a relevant thread to find a solution. Thanks folks and look forward to getting to know the community here.[/QUOTE]

Thanks
    RCA cables are likely your issue. Seems you have the Scarlet Gen 1 or 2? It only has RCA outputs.

Gen 3 has TRS outputs.

Use TRS cables to connect your KRK's if you have 1/4" outputs out of the Scarlet. If not, just try to move the interface away from the PC and away from electrical cables. Otherwise, I am not sure what else to do.

Maybe Dave ecc83 can come up with some ideas.

Best!
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 10 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    Thanks Jimmys69

I'll check what Gen my Scarlett Solo is but I suspect it only has the RCA connections. The RCA cables I'm using are brand new. My tower PC is on the floor but due to only having a small desk at the moment (about 0.8m wide and 0.4m deep) my Scarlett is right next to one of my KRKs. It's possible I'm getting some kind of interference. I'll also check if I get the buzzing with the Scarlett disconnected.

Thanks in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmys69 View Post
    RCA cables are likely your issue. Seems you have the Scarlet Gen 1 or 2? It only has RCA outputs.

Gen 3 has TRS outputs.

Use TRS cables to connect your KRK's if you have 1/4" outputs out of the Scarlet. If not, just try to move the interface away from the PC and away from electrical cables. Otherwise, I am not sure what else to do.

Maybe Dave ecc83 can come up with some ideas.

Best!

Thanks
    Hi Brian........you didn’t mention this but by chance are you using a separate monitor screen instead of your pc screen? Is the buzz louder when the screen is more bright....as in more white on the screen? I had that issue and it turned out to be the sound monitor cables too near the screen.....for some reason.
    Just A Song Writer..........

Thanks
    Hi Mickster.

Not sure what you mean by "separate" but I'm using a small Acer monitor screen. My audio is connected from my PC to the Scarlett interface which then connects to my Rokit studio Monitors via RCA cables. My son did a test to compare the buzz when displaying a white versus black screen page and there was a difference, but it did not remove the buzz completely. It's particularly bad when I open Protools First. Does that help?

Thanks
    Brian........I thought you were on a laptop and that's why I asked about a separate screen. In looking back at your posts I see that you are not on a laptop. I had the very same issue with a bright screen vs a dark screen.......with bright causing more noise. I have 3 different sets of near fields and the noise was slightly more or less on each set. I found that moving my TR cables away from the screen helped quite a bit. Do I know why? Not a clue. Maybe one of the guys here can explain it.
    Just A Song Writer..........

Thread Information