Page 302 of 302 FirstFirst ... 202 252 292 300 301 302
Results 3,011 to 3,019 of 3019

Thread: New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi I'm RichyB .... Very new to the world of recording and have joined this forum for lots of advice ... You have been warned !!!

My main music passion is 70/80's Soul/Funk/Disco.

Thanks
    I'ma hip hop/trap producer from Amsterdam

---------- Update ----------

Mendolla is my artist name

Thanks
    Hi, all. I used this forum some many years ago, ( don't know any of my old account info) and just joined again. Just posting to get my count up enough to post a mix I did for the Mix it section. Thanks, John

Thanks
    Hi everyone!
    I'm a not so young anymore boy in love with music since the old days... thanks to the nowadays affordable technology, I've found finally my way to record my music at home!
    Well... not young but still newbie... so I will appreciate your help a lot!
    Cheers from Europe!

northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserter View Post
    Hello, I'm an old man who is trying to help his son record his music. We have a second generation Scarlett Solo Studio and I'm trying to work out Ableton, but seeing as I can barely send a text message without a manual this is proving quite difficult...
    How old Deserter? I am 73 and helping my son record his music started me off on this madcap HR game over ten years ago. I have dabbled with Ableton a bit in the past. Did not suit us and fixed on Samplitude but you really should try Cockos Reaper. NOT! I hasten to add that it is simple or easy to learn, none of these "Digital Audio Workstations" are but with Reaper at least it is free for as long as you want it and only $60 or so if you want to go "legal".

Pity IMHO that you went for the bog S Solo, any chance you can swap that up for the 2i4? Reason being a single mic input interface is going to cause Son much frustration pretty soon I think. By my lights a 2mic in, 2 line out AI with MIDI is the very LEAST spec' peeps need for music work (tho' the basic jobs are ok for the "podders" I guess.)

Always around to help Des'.

Dave.

Thanks
    Hi everyone, I'm American-born but live in Czechia. I'm a writer/editor but I'm also in charge of recording and editing dialogues for educational CDs at my company. I got the job because the previous "sound master" was missing all the deadlines and generally not doing a good job, and the boss figured I might be able to do it, since I was already used to video editing for my YouTube channel. Over the last two years I've been teaching myself better and more efficient ways of editing (using Reaper), mostly with trial and error, but there's still a lot I don't know. One of the things I don't know is why it took me so long to find a community like this to turn to for my questions! This looks like a great resource.

Thanks
    Welcome aira.........ask away!
    Just A Song Writer..........

Thanks
    Hello can anyone tell me if there is any way to retrieve a recording that was accidentally deleted in Sound Forge?

Thanks
    Hi folks:

First of all, thanks for having me. This may be a long introduction because I'm an old guy and have been messing around with all kinds of audio gear since the 1970's.

I got into recording from an Electronic Music standpoint in college - real, classical EM, not EDM (which didn't even exist at the time). Tape, lots of tape - cutting, splicing, loops. Revox, Otari, Teac, Ampex machines - mostly half track. I was pretty much an Electronic Music minor with a major in Music Ed.

After college I bought A Fostex 4 track and a couple of cassette decks. I tried to get into the film industry but only succeeded in producing "Special Sound Effects" for a couple of ultra-low budget horror films.

Married and with a kid to support, I ditched that idea and took a job with a pipe organ company for a regular paycheck and benefits. I stayed in that field and now run my own operation. I recently inherited the personal tape collection of John Kellner who worked as the chief audio engineer for the legendary organ company Aeolian - Skinner. My goal is the transfer these tapes to digital and post them on my web site for all the world to hear.

I still have the Fostex 4 track. I bought a Revox 2 track off "that auction site" and rescued a huge Skully machine from a studio that was going out of business. They all need work. I also have several cassette machines in various states of repair in addition to a mountain of all kinds of other audio gear.

I'm hoping that you folks will be kind enough to help me preserve Mr. Kellner's recordings and maybe I'll be able to contribute what knowledge I have to the group. Cheers!

Thread Information