New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

gday everybody. im a singer/songwriter who loves to dabble in any genre. i use fruity loops and adobe audition 1.5 to write/record my music. i play guitar/piano/drums/sax and sing.
looking foward to becoming an active member of your community ♪♫

Hi, I'm a trumpet playing, drumming, song-writing farm boy, but not all at the same time :P
I'm relatively new to recording, over the past year or two I've been diving headfirst into it, both with my trumpet playing, and my Christian rock band. I'm NEVER happy with any recordings I do, so I'm always looking to learn more about the art. I am a part time sound man for Christian trumpeter Chiz Rider. Here is his website, in case anyone's interested: chizrider.com
Here are some links to get to know me and my musical adventures :P
trumpet playing --> myspace.com/tysonheimbach
Drummer/songwriter for Sine Cera --> facebook.com/sineceraband

Welcome supp! Many of gods creatures hang out here. Some demons as well, but they will be judged later.

Just kidding man. Much info and support will be found here. :D

Hello there! :D

I'm Ashley and i'm only starting in the recording business, I have a small very amateur home studio but i am starting a rehearsal/recording studio business next year.
:O soo....yeah :)

Welcome to the forum Ashley! My name is Jimmy, and I will be your server today. Would you like some coffee to start?

LOL! :D

Hey everyone,
I'm new to this forum but so far have received very good criticism on one of my recordings. So far I have found members to be knowledgable, friendly, and willing to help. I'm glad I found this forum.

Hey there,! Hope I'm introducing myself properly (WD) here, Glad I found this forum as I'm looking forward to re-learning as much as possible on how to use my old Tascam porta 5 HS. It still works but my memory has does not appear so sturdy. I used to record our 3 piece band on this unit and had some success with it. I recently did a few tracks with my acoustic and all seems to work well enough. I may be hooked on it again as I'm listening to this new demo more than I like to admit. Now to remember how to remix it so I can listen to it elsewhere. Cheers!

I'm new here. I like browsing audio related boards, reading random stuff and trying what's useful for my own recordings.

I've been playing the electric guitar for nearly eight years. I've focused mainly on blues and also a bit on the psychedelic side of 1960s/early 70s music. More recently, I'm interested in doom/stoner/sludge (slooow) metal and I'm trying to form a band now.
I like to record my songs to demo them and find out if they sound as good as it was fun to play them. And I simply enjoy working with sound and trying to improve my skills.

HI I'M Agnthvc. but i messed mu screen name up. anyone know how i can fix it? anyway i use acid pro and sound forge with ozone 4. have another question . .do you master first and then use wave hammer in soundforge or vice versa

Hello guys!! :)

Come on, this is a thread being ignored by most people. I don't seem to understand why they do that. It only takes a few second of saying hello to everyone in this thread.. Huhumm, people.. I don't get them sometimes..

reganito, wdgordy, LeadPaint, and agnthc, a warm welcome to the jungle of Home Recording! This is a place with much info to be had here and friends to be made. I know it has been that for me.

VrackGrl27, pthththth! lol! :D Weekends get a bit slow around here sometimes. I just missed the posts after spliffed ran his post count up here. Hello to you as well spliff!

Agnthvc, send me a PM and we can get your user name fixed, if you haven't already re-registered. :)

Jimmy :guitar:

Hello. Names Mark. Just returning to recording/electronics. Loved it during my high school years. Back then they still offered classes in electronics and audio and video production. But I drifted away from it over the years and followed interests in other areas for decades at a time. Early this year I returned to music, I took up the drums. One thing led to another and I wanted to start adding my drumming to creations (LOL) that I was making on garage band. Geared myself up to a modest portable digital set-up with a small road rack that houses a power conditioner, a mac book pro, tascam interface and headphone distribution amp. Works good enough, but being an oldster, I wanted to go back to my roots which are analog. Ive really enjoyed reading up on topics here and other online sites. Eventually I will start the remodel of two rooms to become my live room and my control room, but why hurry, there is much to learn. Ive started collecting some gear for the effort. So far an Otari MTR-10 that was originally a 1/2" 4 track but is currently configured for 1/4" 2 track. A mackie 32,8,2 console (meh, glad it was dirt cheap) and a basically NOS Tascam ATR-80-24. Long story but I would wager it doesnt have 5 hours on it. So as I read interesting threads and research makes and models I read about on the forum, I am making snakes, learning alignment and shopping for test equipment.

Hey, I'm Justin and am starting to try to record and mix more often, especially live shows. Hope to learn a lot from the forum!

Back