Page 295 of 296 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 293 294 295 296 LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 2953

Thread: New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I recently bought an Optimus SCT-57 cassette deck for $27.99 on eBay. It works great and has all the necessary features, even Dolby S. It works great. My question is how does the BLE XD feature for recording make my recordings sound better? I am currently recording without using that feature. The next tape I make will use the BLE XD feature.

Thanks
    Hey All,

I'm Ed,

Been recording for few years now, lots of different ways, No Daw sometimes, sometimes loads of shit and DAW,
    I like trippy stuff, psych rock, retro vibe, you can check my blog called Widenexperimental maybe you find it, if so leave a comment, I'll be happy to get some feedback.

Cheers lads!

Thanks
    Good morning/afternoon/evening/night all.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

My friend recommended this forum so I'm joining up. Looking forward to checking out some shared music on here, leaving some feedback and sharing my own for you to do the same in due course.

Not sure if this spices things up or not, but I exclusively record with NO recording equipment, other than an iPhone (and of course my acoustic guitar and occasional tambourine). I usually also do most of the mixing on the phone too. Still waiting to buy myself a Mac. I wish I could hide behind the fact I'm young but I'm 29 and have still never bought myself a laptop... uplifting thought for the day for you.

Cheers and see you around the forum.

Matt

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1020 View Post
    I recently bought an Optimus SCT-57 cassette deck for $27.99 on eBay. It works great and has all the necessary features, even Dolby S. It works great. My question is how does the BLE XD feature for recording make my recordings sound better? I am currently recording without using that feature. The next tape I make will use the BLE XD feature.
    This may help explain : Cassette technology - Automatic Tape Calibration and Super Auto BLE XD - audiotools.com.
    Failure - - the path of least persistence
    And, uh, oh - hire a decorator to come in here quick, 'cause... DAMN.

Thanks
    Cheers from Los Angeles.
    Always down to talk music, feel free to hit me up!

Thanks
    Greetings,
    I was Googling Tag and found my clarification on a Home Recording theard.
    I have been taking drum lessons for 2 years from 3 teachers. I started learning to program Yamaha Multi-12 DTX, which eventaually lead to setting up a DAW and recording. Currently I am learning Protools and keyboard. I look forward to READING AND LEARNING.

Thanks
    Insomniac posting from U.K.! Brass player starting out on home recording odyssey. Loads to learn and this looks like a great place to start. Sleep calls! Good night!

northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmiller View Post
    Insomniac posting from U.K.! Brass player starting out on home recording odyssey. Loads to learn and this looks like a great place to start. Sleep calls! Good night!
    Ay'up Dusty. When you wake up FFS do not buy any kit until The Men have spoken. Brass is at least less demanding of low noise preamps but I am sure carries its own particular recording foibles!

If you don't have anything already the basics are..

Microphone,
    Audio Interface,
    Headphones,

You will also need some recording software (called a Digital Audio Workstation) but most budget interfaces come with something you can use very well to start with. Quite often Cubase.

Dave.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ecc83 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Ha! Haven’t been called Dusty for years, Dave. I’m a bit of a way down the road already as it goes. I’ve played trumpet for years but just getting round to writing and recording my own stuff. I have a reasonable setup - mainly older versions of Cubase, Reason and an Edirol ua25, Mk449 keys. It’ll do for now!
    Ta!

Quote Originally Posted by ecc83 View Post
    Ay'up Dusty. When you wake up FFS do not buy any kit until The Men have spoken. Brass is at least less demanding of low noise preamps but I am sure carries its own particular recording foibles!

If you don't have anything already the basics are..

Microphone,
    Audio Interface,
    Headphones,

You will also need some recording software (called a Digital Audio Workstation) but most budget interfaces come with something you can use very well to start with. Quite often Cubase.

Dave.

northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmiller View Post
    Ha! Haven’t been called Dusty for years, Dave. I’m a bit of a way down the road already as it goes. I’ve played trumpet for years but just getting round to writing and recording my own stuff. I have a reasonable setup - mainly older versions of Cubase, Reason and an Edirol ua25, Mk449 keys. It’ll do for now!
    Ta!
    Ok "Mr Miller" then! Hah! Yes, you seem to be equipped. What mic(s) do you have and how do you monitor? You will find the active monitor market is well stuffed these days and there is a lot of "dross" about. If you want something reasonably accurate IMHO you should hold out for a pair in the 2000 region.

As you read more here you will see peeps are heavily into room treatment and that at least is something you can do progressively.

Dave.

Thread Information