New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi I just joined this forum, I am looking for some help on using a Fostex MR-8 the red one. I am just doing this as a hobby and want to learn more. I like all kinds of music and dream some day to sound like Will Ackerman or Alex Degrassi.

Hi Everyone!

My name is Mark "Reqon" Wray, I have been a music lover sence i picket up the phantom of the opera (original cast) cd back in the 90's. After that i got pulled into the rock/metal scence and rode that wave for 10+ years. I always had a feeling that i was different when i listend to music in my headset because i would allways add more to the song that was really there.

5 years ago I was introduced to techno genre called "Hardstyle". I fell in love instantly. As the new age of technology is progressing faster than we ever imagined i knew that the techno genre was one of the music genres at the forefront of new technologies. After hardstyle i got into "hardcore techno" (160+ bpm cruch basses, not happy hardcore :P) and then progressed into dance muis like deadmau5.

I digress, My music passion came from a simple Cd of the phantom of the opera, and kept going ever sence. Writing music is not hard for me but i want my music to go to a commercial level and i want to start to be recognized for my "talent".

I love music, and i am here to learn everything i can of home studios and the process from start to finish on making a production.

Ive written alot but I want you guys to know that i LOVE THIS SHIT, and this forum is my new home.

Message me with anything you want to know of my experience and i will be glad to chat.

Thank you,
Reqon

Hi all,

I'm Rock from Ottawa Canada. I play guitar and sing. I enjoy writing music.

For recording, I'm using a MacBook Pro and the Reason 6 software from propellerhead.
I've used, Protools and Logic Pro a little, but have decided to use and learn Reason 6.

Hope to learn a lot from all of you here.

Thanks!

Hey there!

You can call me Qwer-Ky, QK for short.

I'm a pianist/guitarist/bassist/violinist from the UK, and I'm here to (hopefully) learn more about creating my own music
I tend to listen to alot of Electronic, Punk and Jazz, and I'm looking forward to meeting some awesome musicians here!

Hey Everyone, My name is Carl and I just purchased my first Pro Tools system and working to get everything setup and working . Past experience on a Tascam 2488mkII but had to make the move to the industry expected standard here at my rehearsal studio. We just started expanding and having recording capabilities will only give us more of an edge on our competition and give our customers recording that they have been asking for.

Now if I could only figure this out in a timely fashion I'll be golden, glad to be here and thankful for the help that this forum will bring to my knowledge of understanding the ins and outs of the Pro Tools world!

Ciao!!

Well, although I've been popping in intermittently for a couple of years, I've never really introduced myself. Hi.

I'm Pete, I'm singer, harmonica player & slide guitarist in a blues band called 44 Pistol.

Last year we recorded an album on home gear and self-released it.

We're currently working on a new EP.

In the meantime I've used my gear to record EP sized projects for several other local musicians. We even had a string section on one track.

hey, im zack and i play mainly guitar but also bass and drums , i love anything from pop punk to ska to heavycore , hardcore etc haha

im going to school for audio engineering.

im kinda new to recording software and equipment but performance wise i know alot.
i love learning about this stuff and i cant get enough of it!

Tiki-Taki! Tiki-Taki! I came into this forum thanks to your great 3D's and tips :)
I enjoy most kinds of music and I am willing to learn more and more and I think this is the right place.
I play acoustic guitar.
I like people passionate about music and audio.

Thank you in advance for your great articles tips and tricks :)

Last edited:
Hey, 'name's Mike. Been home recording for 6 years or so, and have been steadily improving over time through self-teaching. Recently I realized that I'd hit a wall with some of my recordings, and decided I need a more "conventional" education (i.e. less trial and error) on recording techniques, and started to read up on it a lot more. Been reading books, and this website over the last year or so, but only made a few posts so far.

Primarily a guitar player. Use Sonar, Cubase, Guitar Rig, Battery.

Hey all!

Great to finally be introducing myself. I've been lurking here for a few years now on and off, as my interest in recording has been half-hearted in the past. Recently (the past year or so), I've been becoming increasingly more obsessed with computer recording and all of it's possibilities. I enjoy recording as a personal hobby, no real intentions of ever turning it into a potential career, but it certainly fills a void in my heart. /cliche

Anyways, I play the guitar exclusively, and am very into the work of John Frusciante both with the Chili Peppers and his solo work (I prefer the latter). Something about the soul he pours into his solo work motivates me every day to make music that is true to me.

Right now, am running a MXL 990-->Audiobox USB-->Macbook Pro-->Logic Pro, and am looking to upgrade as soon as moolah comes my way!

Great to become part of the community!

Ryan

I am Dave.....from South Carolina. Have been an amateur musician and singer for many years. I play several different instruments and have done some songwriting. I have a Yamaha mixer and want to record live instruments down to a MAC that I have garageband. That is what brings me here. How do I connect from the Yamaha powered mixer down to the laptop? I was told that I would need a usb interface to do a quality job so I bought a USB Dual Pre from ART. I now am even more confused. How do I hook all of this together and get a recording? Thanks for all your help.

Heyas...live in atlanta. Love 80s non-hair Metal, Jazz, Prog n more. Main software is sonar x1 producer and a focusrite sapphire pro 40 interface. Been out of the recording loop for too long and trying to get back into it.

Hello to you all! I'm excited to finally be setting up my own home studio! I've been playing guitar for 27 years, a little keyboards along the way but recently started taking lessons strictly in piano/keyboard/organ. I also play bass, ukulele and a little but of drums. I worked in a analog recording studio back in 1993-1995 working with MCI 24 channel console and an MCI 24 track recorder. Loved those days. Using a DAW is a bit of a challenge for me. Maybe I'll get it someday!

Thanks for such a great forum, I look forward to giving as much as I get!

Hey there. I am sort of new to recording...as in I am trying to be more serious with it and actually learn to use the tools I have instead of just jotting ideas in a sequencer and listening to them a year later. Glad to have joined and I look forward to learning the art and technical aspects of recording!

Hi everyone.
I had been looking for some info on my Tascam US-1800 and came across this forum and after reading quite a few different sections I decided to become a member.
I have been interested in and have had a passion for music since I was able to throw 45's onto a record player my parents had. Took Piano lessons up to grade 8. Was into mid to high end home audio in my teens & early 20's. Competed in IASCA car stereo competitions with a car geared towards sound quality in the early 90's.
I have always wanted to be able to record my own songs and finally started getting into home recording with the purchase of a Cakewalk A-500PRO about a year ago. I have been laying down tracks for various songs since then.

Cya in the forums.

Soulmann here... am here because I know nothing and fake the rest ... hopefully will figure out what to do with all this gear I came upon... I seem to function best by muckin about, then reading about it, then mucking some more, then reading about it etc... and sometimes I need someone to show me WTH I am doin cuz I get a brain block... I am not a rich man being disabled, so can't afford to buy fancy stuff... have lotsa old stuff and am just being given some toys that are a bit over my head right now, so will need some help on this stuff... mostly 80's and 90's gear...

Back