New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Thanks Dave Just spent 1 and a half hrs writing a detailed reply and it totally disappeared. Crow Feather

SO annoying when that happens! Not happened to me at HR but it was such a problem on one forum that unless it was a five word answer I would type it up in Word then copy and paste!

Dave.

Hello to all at home recording!
I was hoping that I could find a forum like this one that is specifically for home recording enthusiasts.
I'm a bit sick of ending up at these other recording forums where you have a bunch of pro know it all telling others they are doing it wrong. I just want to "have fun" write and record demos! I could care less where my monitors are. ;) So if you feel like me, lets chat :)

peace to all!

Hello to all at home recording!
I was hoping that I could find a forum like this one that is specifically for home recording enthusiasts.
I'm a bit sick of ending up at these other recording forums where you have a bunch of pro know it all telling others they are doing it wrong. I just want to "have fun" write and record demos! I could care less where my monitors are. ;) So if you feel like me, lets chat :)

peace to all!

Oh! Do have a care Foggy! It takes little more effort and rarely any cost to get them in a better rather than worse place!

But I agree with your basic premise that this a forum for home recordists, of which I am ashamedly one...Well! I was but I was the technical half of a team and the musical half has buggered off to France! I am left with the hardware and no one to record still, I try to keep amused helping folk here and other places.

We (home bods) are of course eternally grateful to those "pros" that give up their time to impart knowledge here. The guys that bug me and I suspect YOU are those that say you need $1000 of converter per channel in and out and nobody ever made a mic worth a ***t under $500!

So yes, absolutely have fun, makes no sense otherwise but I would like to think that peeps strive for the best "quality" they can...Whatever THAT means!

Dave.

After asking too many questions (innocently) but seemed to others (Pros) and being insulted and called "SKIPPY".... I know that "HE" already knows who I mean.... I ended up at Pensados Place a few yeas ago. I realized that what looks like a wild animal was only a blue.... pussycat lol ;) Forums now days should be just about fun and meeting NEW people.... and after many years in forum far far way, coming here and seeing the same old (no life insulter) Trolling for the constant need to be a bully! It makes me sad for the pathetic existence of a forum bully.... ha!
Forums are good as well for fast answers for noobs, not insults...

The rest of us know where to go for real help without all the drama. I'm an artist first and when it sounds right to me I know it's done. just like any pro out there... If all that I've said here is a problem... I won't be back.... BUT I do live in America and I guess freedom of speech about a Blue Pussycat is just the way I am! lol....

After asking too many questions (innocently) but seemed to others (Pros) and being insulted and called "SKIPPY".... I know that "HE" already knows who I mean.... I ended up at Pensados Place a few yeas ago. I realized that what looks like a wild animal was only a blue.... pussycat lol ;) Forums now days should be just about fun and meeting NEW people.... and after many years in forum far far way, coming here and seeing the same old (no life insulter) Trolling for the constant need to be a bully! It makes me sad for the pathetic existence of a forum bully.... ha!

The rest of us know where to go for real help without all the drama. I'm an artist first and when it sounds right to me I know it's done. just like any pro out there... If all that I've said here is a problem... I won't be back.... BUT I do live in America and I guess freedom of speech about a Blue Pussycat is just the way I am! lol....

I am not sure I understood you point there. Is that 'foggy'? lol!

Where do we go for 'real help without the drama'? I wouldn't have volunteered to be a moderator here if I did not believe this to be the place.

There are many types of people here. Both total newbies to recording, professionals, and everywhere in between. That is what makes this site worth being a member of. Different opinions, different tastes, and a whole bunch of home recording professionals who know what they are talking about with experience. Then there are also true professionals that hang out here and give their support and insight.

Welcome to the forum friend. There are many here that spend countless hours helping each other.

I sure hope you don't judge the character of a site from a few members posts...

:)

Right Jimmy!
I am also a bit confused and a trifle concerned seeing as Foggie's post immediately follows mine!

HR is one of THE most civilized of the recording forums (SoS is another) but nowhere is, or is ever going to be perfect.

Dave.

I am not sure I understood you point there. Is that 'foggy'? lol!

Where do we go for 'real help without the drama'? I wouldn't have volunteered to be a moderator here if I did not believe this to be the place.

There are many types of people here. Both total newbies to recording, professionals, and everywhere in between. That is what makes this site worth being a member of. Different opinions, different tastes, and a whole bunch of home recording professionals who know what they are talking about with experience. Then there are also true professionals that hang out here and give their support and insight.

Welcome to the forum friend. There are many here that spend countless hours helping each other.

I sure hope you don't judge the character of a site from a few members posts...

:)

lol... It probably took him 10 minutes to write that post and another 5 minutes to translate it into gibberish. Thats 15 minutes he'll never get back. Still it only took me 30 seconds to read it so I guess I'm still ahead..

Even after you factor in the 2 minutes it took me to write this...:)

New members with pre-butthurt and chips on their shoulders - not a good start. :facepalm:

Hi, Dave here

I often call myself a bass player - and probably should be glad nobody ask me to prove that statement :)
Simply put, I have much more of a music interest than large amounts of actual skill.

I have spent a fair amount of hours mixing stuff, but as with my bass playing, it would be a lie to call myself anything than an amateur on that stuff also.

And now, I am trying to put together a simple home studio to create - or rather recreate - songs.
It will be mostly blues and rock.

I have a good computer, I bought a piece of software called EZDrummer and also a package called Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.
Now I am trying to get all this working and well, here I am :)

(In case its not obvious I am not a native English speaker but I hope I will be understood none the less)

Fostex vf160 problem

Hi, I own a 10 year old Fostex vf160 digital home recording system,Ive used it many times and not a problem.I cant seem to Buss record on it now though,when I try,all the correct reactions happen at the right time i.e. lights flash accordingly etc so it all seems fine until I start recording and ....nothing,no levels up n down,nada. Direct recording works fine.Help would be really apreciated as buying a new system is just not feasable, tanx y'all

Hi,cant seem to figure how to get on the forum!! I know...newbies eh.I mustve clicked on every icon and no joy

Well, you're on it now! Welcome!

Hi, I own a 10 year old Fostex vf160 digital home recording system,Ive used it many times and not a problem.I cant seem to Buss record on it now though,when I try,all the correct reactions happen at the right time i.e. lights flash accordingly etc so it all seems fine until I start recording and ....nothing,no levels up n down,nada. Direct recording works fine.Help would be really apreciated as buying a new system is just not feasable, tanx y'all

You might try asking this over in the Fostex section of this forum HERE, but what do you mean by 'buss record'? Are you trying to bounce tracks down?

Hello guy I am Rome and I am a recoding artist currently working out of my basement I cant wait to learn and share with you guys

Back