New member from Utah

mellis18

Hello - my name is Robert and I'm obviously a new member-otherwise I'd be poting in a different area. :)
I am building an analog sound system in my "man cave" and hopefully will get some "sound" advice from the experts on this forum. I just purchased a Sony TC 645-4 tape deck on the cheap. As of right now it will FFW but will not play or rewind. When I hit the play but I hear a "click, click, click,etc" so I'm not sure what's going on. Anyway - the more I get into it the more questions I'll have so stay tuned...

purchased a Sony TC 645-4 tape deck on the cheap. As of right now it will FFW but will not play or rewind. When I hit the play but I hear a "click, click, click,etc" so I'm not sure what's going on
It has a 3 motor transport. It has separate FFW heads. So that would be the first thing i would check if its not FFW, also look and clean all the other heads in their. These machines need to be maintained very well and you'll spend a lot of time and some money keeping them working good.

Back