Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need new headphones with fairly better sound isolation than HD201! Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesperrett View Post
    I bought my earpads on Ebay but Sennheiser also sell them. You can also buy them in all sorts of colours. I hadn't realised that they were up to the HD25-III now.

According to John Willett (who used to work for Sennheiser UK) the differences are:
    Ah neat! Then I will pretty much go for the chapest one i can find haha. Maybe if I can find that 25-C II, i'll go for that since it has a coiled cable, which is very handy to have.

Thanks for the info!

Ohh, the earpads on Beyerdynamics... are those velour or velvet earpads..? or they the same?

Thanks
    i've been using Sennheiser HD280 Pro for a while with fairly good success in both tracking and enitial mixing for mix placement...when recording vocal tracks i never have a sound bleed issue since they are closed back... for final mix down i use my studio moniters for truer bass and highs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin6string View Post
    i've been using Sennheiser HD280 Pro for a while with fairly good success in both tracking and enitial mixing for mix placement...when recording vocal tracks i never have a sound bleed issue since they are closed back... for final mix down i use my studio moniters for truer bass and highs
    They do seem to get great reviews and all. Seems to be difficult finding THE perfect headphones hehe, so i gotta compensate the price for the non-detachable cable on those. How would you say they are in terms of sound leaking out so people nearby can hear the sound..? Bad? Good? Ok?

Thanks
    Hi.

I recommend bayer 770. When pro studios have them for there singers while recording, im fairey sure they are good enough for your usage, or...?

-einar-

Thanks
    My DT100's have never let me down for keeping stuff in, and keeping other stuff out. I doubt I will change now.

Thanks
    I have the DT 770 Pro and the Audio Technica ATH M50x. The A.T.'s win every time. Totally fully adjustable. Multiple detachable leads and curly one's. Closed back type. May be at the top of your budget line but worth it.

Thanks
    ATH-M40X are better and cheaper than 50X. Try them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Orson View Post
    I have the DT 770 Pro and the Audio Technica ATH M50x. The A.T.'s win every time. Totally fully adjustable. Multiple detachable leads and curly one's. Closed back type. May be at the top of your budget line but worth it.
    Yes, I have been wondering on them M50X's for a good while, the same with DT700 Pros... and no, the M50Xs are well within my budget, so that's all good. I guess that for my are of use, they will be the preferred headphones for me.... Will swap out those earpads, though. Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by gianluca68 View Post
    ATH-M40X are better and cheaper than 50X. Try them.
    What? Really? I gotta watch comparison videos on them, because the M50Xs are well within my budget.. How are they better in your opinion?

Thanks
    Read my post here (Datman):
    acquisto cuffie chiuse da registrazione con impedenza non troppo alta sui 100 euro - Monitor da studio - Homestudioitalia | Il forum italiano di home recording e strumenti musicali

Translation:
    Three weeks ago I went to Cherubini, in Roma, to try some Audio Technica headphones. Very kindly, the clerk made me try the ATH-M40X, the 50 and, since I had with me the Sennheiser HD650 as a reference, on his own initiative he also made me try the 70. I used the Sansa Fuze player with RockBox firmware as a source, listening Ana Caram, Pentatonix and then a beautiful recording I made of a performance of "The bollings suite" by Claude Bolling by a friend of mine flutist with piano, double bass and drums using a pair of Shure SM94 microphones, two monotransistor "preamp cables" homemade and the iRiver H120 "mp3 player" with RockBox, recording wav 44.1 / 16.

For the 50 I was a little biased, since I read that it was a bit sharp. In comparison with the HD650, however, the feeling was the same. The pavilions are slightly larger than the 40X ones.

I preferred the 40X. It is balanced, even if sometimes it seems to be a bit (a bit) boomy in the half octave around 120Hz and slightly (slightly!) hissing around 7 ~ 8kHz. Please remember I am comparing to the Sennheiser HD650! :-)

The 70, at the "modest" price of around 230 € (more or less, if I'm not mistaken) gave me above all the feeling of the softness of the ear cushions, but I didn't notice a decidedly superior quality. The difference from the HD650 was still felt. The salesman said that the difference compared to the 40X is noticeable over time ... It also does not fold in as the 40 and 50 (which, in reality, when it is not necessary it is not much positive ...).

At the end I took the 40X for 99 €. I use it every day and, considering the cost and practicality, it is excellent. As I said, however, the 70, although costing more than double, did not seem better.
    You can use the 40X as a good reference.
    Last edited by gianluca68; 11 Hours Ago at 02:40.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gianluca68 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Nice review.

There is only ONE thing i do not like with M40Xs and it's the fact that they seem to be overly tight? I completely forgot mentioning that i wear glasses, so for longer sessions, i would love to have a set that are comfortable for long sessions. Maybe if i switch the earpads with softer ones like the velour ones that are used on the DT770s? That should do the trick, right? And remember that im doing a lot of voiceover work... not so much mixing/music..

Thread Information