Need help connected e-drums to addictive drums in Sonar

Raven West

Hey guys, I've been recording at home for a while now, but recently bought some e drums and I'm quite new to MIDI.

What I'd like to do is connect the drum set to addictive drums in sonar, but let me tell you what I've tried so far.

I connected the drum set via the midi out on the drum module to the the midi in on my edirol UA 25-ex sound engine. In sonar, I added "all synth stereo outputs" addictive drums tracks, then I added a new midi track who's input I set to the midi from the sound engine and the output to addictive drums. This does work. However, when I bang on the tums I get crash sounds and it's all messed up. I can't help but feel I'm doing this in an unnecessarily complicated way and I was hoping that someone can tell me the best way to do this. I imagine I should get a midi to USB instead of the sound engine? Am I wrong?

Here's a screenshot of the tracks set I set up:
1.JPG

also, I read a few places that I can remap the keys if I go to the "beats" tab in addictive drums, but if I do that all I see is this:
2.JPG

If anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it, I need to start recording drums next week and on a tight schedule. Thanks so much guys, rock on!

There's no definite answer but if you play around with channels you might get it to work.

Have you looked at the e drums manual? There might be a special switch or function to activate MIDI.

I haven't used Addictive Drums but there should def be a remap key so you should be able to make any pad play anything

Back