Need help with banana plug QUICK

abedinthehouse

ok, I have a Crown XTi2000 amp and a JBL JRX125 spearker and I am trying to use the banana plug outputs on the amp and hooking it up to an 1/4 adapter to put into the speakers...but Im having one problem.

How do I put the banana plugs INTO the AMP?!?!?
I have no idea, I got two different types of banana plugs and both seem too big to be forced in and I dont want ot risk damaging it.
I need to figure this out by 4PM on 1/23...which is tommorow...
any help is appreciated!
thanks people

Im adding some pics here of the banana connections in the back of my amp and the plugs I bought. The banana connections in my amp screw in and out.
thanks again u guys

AMP Connection (1)
AMP Connection (2)
AMP Connection Unscrewed (1)
AMP Connection Unscrewed (2)
AMP Connection Unscrewed (3)
Banana Plugs
Banana Plugs Unscrewed

Last edited:
Those are not banana plugs connectors on the back of your amp. you have to unscrew them to reveal holes through the post take off the banana plug on your cables and put the bare wires in the holes hot to red and not hot to black per side of your amp. then screw them back in place to secure the wire in place.

Those are not banana plugs connectors on the back of your amp. you have to unscrew them to reveal holes through the post take off the banana plug on your cables and put the bare wires in the holes hot to red and not hot to black per side of your amp. then screw them back in place to secure the wire in place.

ooooooOOOHHHHHHHH!!
WOW DUHH!! I feel like slapping myself for not realizing it. I was wondering what the hole was there for, but didnt think i was right.
Thank you soo much...now I juts need to go find a way to connect the bare wire to a 1/4 input that will go into my speaker...any suggestions? or better ideas in doing this?

and once again, THANK YOU!!! U saved my life

If you tin the wires with solder before you put them through the holes it's a little tidier.

Not really sure what "tin the wires" with solder means?

Do u mean like sholdering the copper wires inside before putting it through the hole?

They are there to meet European CE requirements The red and black Plugs covering the holes are easy to remove. The (safe) way is to use a wood screw. The plugs have a small hole in the center, insert a wood screw turn the screw about a 1/2 turn (just enough to grab) and pull out. (WARNING) If you use a screw driver and pry them out you can damage the binding posts!

ooooooOOOHHHHHHHH!!
WOW DUHH!! I feel like slapping myself for not realizing it. I was wondering what the hole was there for, but didnt think i was right.
Thank you soo much...now I juts need to go find a way to connect the bare wire to a 1/4 input that will go into my speaker...any suggestions? or better ideas in doing this?

and once again, THANK YOU!!! U saved my life

You mean you have just bare wire on both sides of the wire?

Now, im juts confused...should I just unscrew it and put the wire through the hole on the top and tighten it back up or should I take the cap out like Jamit said?

Yes, that is exactly what I have

Then your going to have to go to a music store or radio shack and purchase some 1/4 plugs and put them on. Some of them the wire screws on, the other you need to solder the wire on. Maybe you should bring in your wire to the stores and the clerk can help you or talk you through it.
Good luck

Now, im juts confused...should I just unscrew it and put the wire through the hole on the top and tighten it back up or should I take the cap out like Jamit said?

Either way banana plugs can get pulled out easily, where as screwing it in place will never come off by someone tripping on the cable !

Either way banana plugs can get pulled out easily, where as screwing it in place will never come off by someone tripping on the cable !

Thank you very much, you guys were all very helpful! and QUICK I might add!

and btw, I actually bought the wire at radio shack...they wont solder the wire to the adapter for me...even though I know everyone who works there first hand and my uncles the manager lol
sucks I know

I was actually just thinking about buying a Speakon connector for my AMP to Speaker cable. only problem is finding them at a store and, for a resonable prince too lol.

Then you'll have to get them at a music store like guitar center.
You know 4 out of the 4 radio shacks in my area have a small area out back of the store to do simple testing and soldering ask your uncle again or maybe go to his house or he come to yours to help you.

Not really sure what "tin the wires" with solder means?

Do u mean like sholdering the copper wires inside before putting it through the hole?

It means to use a soldering tool to heat up the wire and put a thin layer of solder on it. It prevents the wire from fraying, similar to melting the ends of plastic rope. It's a nice thing to do if you are setting it up and tearing it down over and over.

BTW the speaker wire they sell at music and electronics stores is a hoax that's been going on for decades, almost as bad as the car hoax where they rebottle trans fluid and call it power steering fluid (that's a 50 year old continuing scam).

Just get lamp cord at a hardware store - copper is copper. It should cost a small fraction of what they sell "speaker" wire for. I've been doing that for 35 years.

yep, if it's just gonna be sitting in the house I'd do what moresound suggests and have those wires clamped in place.

But if you're gonna be hauling it around and setting it up and tearing it down then the bare wire's kinda a PIA and I'd go with the banana plugs or better yet, speakons.

But if you're gonna be hauling it around and setting it up and tearing it down then the bare wire's kinda a PIA and I'd go with the banana plugs or better yet, speakons.

Yea I really wana go with some speakons but they are a pain in the ass to find in California...from what I know, only guitar center has them...and the closest one to me is I think 30 miles away
=[

Id just like to thank everyone that helped me out the other day.
I went the extra mile and got the speakon connector to hook up the JBL instead of worrying about all those adapters.

Everything's running smoothly, in fact I'm blasting music as I'm typing this lol

Thanks again everyone!

Back