Need HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope

So I'm a well seasoned individual who has been singing for more years than i care to admit... that said, i have been using a portable digital recording unit with accompaniment cd's as back up and then adding vocals and additional instruments on occasion.

I have decided that want to jump into a DAW and Ive been reading more than my brain is able to handle as far as what DAW would work best for my use. Im now questioning why i ever thought DAW was the way to go.

With all of this said, im wondering if there is a simple DAW out there that will allow me to import a simple music track and then lay down vocals with effects etc... Or, maybe there is a better option that I am not aware of?

Please tell me there is an answer to my dilemma.

Thanks in advance.

There's a bit of a steep learning curve, but once you get going what you're describing is pretty straightforward. Any DAW will have vast capabilities. You just need to learn the ones relevant to you.

Different DAWs have different workflows so it's a matter of finding one that feels right. You might want to start by downloading the Reaper demo for free.

If you are a mac user, GarageBand is already on your machine, and is a very powerful DAW that can run any plugins you want, but has a world of presets on board.

If you run a PC, try reaper.

Hi Nope and welcome. Do tell me please that you do NOT want to use the DAW (and laptop?) as playback when performing? There are some brave souls that do this but they are usually a lot more PC/DAW cute than you or I or/and have a tame IT bod in the wings!

So I shall assume you will build your backing tracks in the DAW then export the finished article as .wav to either CD or the portable recorder. BSG is on the money. ALL DAWs, even the apparently simple Audacity, need work. Different people find different audio softwares 'click' or not. You can download trials of all the major DAWs and I suggest you start with Reaper then, IMHO, Samplitude. Both of these are 'linear' recording systems and by that I mean they emulate a m'track tape recorder and a hardware mixer. Some DAWs such as Ableton and Traktion are what I call "cut and shunt" recorders and in those you move chunks of music around. MAGIX also have similar softwares.

Diff' strokes...

Dave.

So I'm a well seasoned individual who has been singing for more years than i care to admit... that said, i have been using a portable digital recording unit with accompaniment cd's as back up and then adding vocals and additional instruments on occasion..

What are you using, my neice would love something like that? Does it have showtunes? Like Frozen soundtrack and stuff.

Back