Music Production Student

Mystxxx3

Hey everyone! I'm obviously new to the site. I'm a 35 year old mother of four trying to make it in this world. I am studying music production to obtain my bachelor's degree. If anyone has any advice I'd gladly appreciate it!

Hi - welcome. What kind of production do you do? The courses today are so wide, the kind of music is wildly variable. I think we have pretty well everything on here. If you want pointing or guidance we're good. Lots of people also put their music up for critique, which can be scary and maybe a bit brave sometimes, but love it or hate it, people here tend to be very honest, which I think is good. Often people get surprised when they get people saying how well it's recorded, and other times they think they have a great recording and the listeners spot issues. It's always a bit sobering - but for anyone nowadays you need to show your warts and problems to get better. Also - don't be afraid to ask what you might think are silly questions. The only thing I think people really hate is where people ask questions that 1. They really ought to have been able to answer themselves, and 2. Questions that we can't understand.

Like when they cannot get meters to flicker on their DAW and ask for help - but don't tell us what DAW it is, what interface they have and exactly what they're doing. That happens a lot.

We also really like to hear about courses - because we're all over the world and I expect your course is very different to one here in the UK.

Just ask a question - one of us will chirp in!

Hi and welcome to HR!
I have a bachelor's degree in music production, albeit from a UK university, so if I can be of any help don't be afraid to ask.

I'm not sure I really have much advice other than to see if it's possible to get an idea of the modules in advance and maybe familiarise yourself with any software that might be new to you.
For example, our course had an experimental synthesis module and my final submission relied heavily on Max/MSP, which I wasn't very familiar with.
Had I know I could have spent a few months prior really getting to know it.

Greetings to everyone reading this! My name is Fester. I go by the stage name Yungfester. I'm a Music Production student currently getting my Bachelor's In Music Production!

Back