Monitor playback distortion on Focusrite 2i4 & Ableton Live 9???

Tim888

Hi There,

I am getting bad distortion through the headphones connected to my 2i4 when listening to playback.

The recordings are fine and not clipping and do not sound distorted through my PC - it's just distorted through the playback headphone output on the 2i4
(am not using other monitors connected to 2i4 yet.)
Even when I adjust (what I think is) the master out put in Ableton - it goes real quiet but remains distorted.

Also when monitoring the input signal through the 2i4 it sounds fine - so yeah it's just the playback

????

Please Help!

I had the same problem with my interface, turned out, my monitor volume was turned up too far. Make sure that is not the issue.

So, there are the headphone volume control and then the monitor control. Make sure these are around 50% (just for checking). I hate to have you troubleshoot something when it is simple. Covering the basics first. Also, make sure there is no clipping in Ableton. Red is not good.

Do your monitors distort?

If these are all set, then next option is to test your headphones.

Yeah cool, those are all fine and my headphones are ok.

Seems to have been fixed by adjusting the I/O channel settings on the Master Track both from 1/2 to 1 & 2 respectively.

thanks for your help :)

Yeah cool, those are all fine and my headphones are ok.

Seems to have been fixed by adjusting the I/O channel settings on the Master Track both from 1/2 to 1 & 2 respectively.

thanks for your help :)

Cool. That is why I started simple, chasing this stuff down can be a pain in the a$$, so always start with the simple stuff. No matter how dumb it may sound :D

Back