Monitor Height ?

dmbandtimmy

Hey guys! I just bought a pair of KRK Rokit 8's and am going to build some speaker stands. They are a little bigger on my desk then I thought they would be :) The only problem is that I'm not sure how high to put them. I searched the forum, but didn't find the answer. Do you just want the tweeter at ear level or do you want the your ear to be in the middle of the woofer, or in your ear to be in the middle of the speaker cabinet itself? If someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks! :D

Look straight at them, head level. If you are looking over the top, raise them. If you are looking at the speaker or below, lower them. If you are looking at the tweeter, you are probably cloce enough to the right height.

Hey, thanks for the replies! I'm going to build a couple of speaker stands tomorrow :)

Also, GO HUSKERS! I live in Lincoln and we have a Guitar Center and the Huskers. What more could you ask for :D

And make sure that wherever you place them you try to make an equillateral triangle between the two speakers and your head, if possible.

Pete

Back