MIDI IN - interface or keyboard problem

lukasz.jan95

Hello guys,
so I set up my gear today. Installed DAW (Cubase) all the drivers that came on CD's with Komplete Audio 6 and inserted VST to Cubase. Line in signal works great but I have problem with MIDI connection. It used to work on my previous laptop but when I plugged in MIDI cable to the Komplete Audio 6 interface the green light doesn't light up when I press a key. It only does for a second when the cable is plugged in to the MIDI IN on interface (no other way around - so when the cable is already in the midi in but not yet in keyboard's midi out). I think that fiddling with the input ligths up the green light but it doesn't mean it is conncected. Now... What to do? Why it doesnt work? Keyboard is on, midi cable goes from MIDI OUT to MIDI In... should work, right? Please help!!
Thansk in advance

If the green light comes on intermittently when fiddling with the cable, it could mean that the cable is faulty. Have you tried another cable?

I don't know much about Cubase, but does it have a place where you can select input devices? If so, is Cubase recognising the KA6's midi?

And you have double checked that you are going from Keyboard midi out to KA midi in?

The light comes on just when the cable is nice and fit in the input of KA. Can't really say that it's because of moving it back and forth or left and right so it seems that it catches the connection for a moment but doesn't hold it. Plus I used the cable maybe 3 times before. It is still not 100% sure that it's not faulty but I'm pretty sure it's OK.

Cubase sees the KA midi in. It is available to select from the list on every instruments track I have in the project.

I'll try another cable if there is no other reason for this trouble to occur. But... I have to borrow one or buy. Thanks a lot though and if you have any other ideas then please comment.

Yes..double checked the in/out.

Back