Mic Stand For Yeti?

ItsTehShadow

Hi all, complete newbie here but I'm getting bogged down with the amount of choice and nobody has really answered the question properly. I've searched and found a thread last year on this same topic, however that was very vague and didn't really cover the main OP's question.

I'm looking for a arm/stand for a Blue Yeti Microphone + Shock mount, so it doesn't have to be sat on my desk taking up space and catching computer vibrations as much. There seem a lot of variations of stands but finding one that fits seems nigh impossible with the conflicting views around.

So in short, I'm trying to find a stand/swivel arm for my Yeti mic, it will have a shock mount and if possible the smaller the arm/stand the better as I have limited space. Cheaper the better aswell, however I don't really want one that will collapse due to the weight :(

If this is really unclear please ask, or if I should ask somewhere else tell me. I need your help recording pro's (thats all of you), thanks.

Google 'Blue Radius Shockmount' they are made for yetis.

Still its a podcasters mic and made to sit on a desk for interviews
(if you're doing music you should get a usb interface and regular xlr mics, btw...)

Google 'Blue Radius Shockmount' they are made for yetis.

Still its a podcasters mic and made to sit on a desk for interviews
(if you're doing music you should get a usb interface and regular xlr mics, btw...)

Thanks for replying Tim, I can see why its a podcast mic and how being on the desk suits that. I was just wondering if there was a way to position it off my desk so it wouldn't pick up so much vibration. I've seen others who have managed to use arms and such to lift it higher, they just don't explain what they are :)

What sort of connection does it take from the bottom of the mic to an arm like that. As the bottom of the mic has a screw like hole, I'm assuming on such an arm it has a unscrewable cap which allows you to place the arm between the mic and then screw it back in, tightening them together? That one you linked seems to have a variation of this but a really small little screw bit on the end...

Again, this is a DIY project.

You are going to have to figure out how to adapt a desk mic to an arm mount.

If you're not mechanically inclined I highly suggest you ditch the yeti and get a real xlr mic and interface.
(you'll be better off in the long run...)

Don't think I'd go down a DIY route anyway, currently not wanting to ditch the Yeti as its suits me fine, but I understand where your coming from. Did find an arm made by Rode (PSA1) that many have found to fit the Yeti correctly and support its weight, its just nearing £80 :eek:

Back