Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mic preamp and mixer question

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Steenamaroo View Post
    If your mixer isn't USB and you're using it in front of the RME you might want to plug the headphones into the RME headphone socket instead.
    That would be the usual approach, so you can head DAW playback, etc.
    I will connect them to RME card, and this AKG K240MKII to mixer, I will use AKG for movies and some easy music, and Beyerdynamics for making music.

Quote Originally Posted by Steenamaroo View Post
    Ah, my mistake!
    Looks like a hell of a pair of headphones! Come back and let us know how you get on with them.
    Will do. Thanks for infos.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Thermaltake For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by how do View Post
    I fail to see much point to the output of an audio interface only to act as a novalty thing, by Behringer 222 was 20 quid/ 25 bucks and I guess they could of saved a fiver by removing the out put port. It seves no more then a monitor for plugging head phones in and since all audio interfaces have monitor ports on them anyway, its just an extra add on.

OP could get the same resalts from plugging there headphones into the laptop

I see your polices on how our singing should be judged has chanced since my last visit, more about judging the recording equipment rather then the teckneeks, still the same s@@t heads about though
    I'm having a difficult time deciphering what you're trying to say. Do you mean to say that headphone outputs on interfaces are pointless and that using the built-in one on the laptop works just as well? If that's what you're saying, you're wrong.

Thanks
    No! why have 2 monertoring ports on the audio interface when you only will ever use one
    One my interface I have one headphone socket, a main output and an additional monitoring output. The monitoring output goes to a headphone amp, and I have occasion from time to time to use four or more headphone ouptus.

However, most of the time, it's just me doing the recording, and someone else doing the singing, and a second headphone output on the interface would be ideal for this.

Thanks
    No! why have 2 monertoring ports on the audio interface when you only will ever use one
    I used to use both the headphone outputs on my Saffire all the time. Found it pretty handy if you don't have a separate headphone amp and are recording someone else in a small room, since I could wear one set while setting up levels and during tracking and the person doing the playing had their own set to hear the click or other tracks. Not to mention having one more output device for testing how a mix transfers, since I don't own two sets of the same kind of headphones.

I have a headphone amp now, but still use one of the interface headphone outputs to drive my mono speaker.
    "... I know in the mornin' that it's gonna be good
    when I stick out my elbows and they don't bump wood." - Bill Kirchen

Thanks
    my very basic behringer 222 has the monitoring port and the out put port which makes two monitoring ports, but given the fact I have 2 more monitoring ports, the mixer and the computer I have never used the output port on the audio interface or the laptop its just a novalty
    You not using it doesn't make it a novelty, especially since using the computer's built in output while tracking is very much less than ideal.

Thanks
    all I am saying is it is pritty pointless having it
    Your inability to see the value doesn't make it pointless.

Thanks
    all I am saying is it is pritty pointless having it
    This is a JP22 remark if I ever saw one. Unbelievable.

Thanks
    well I must be missing something hear then, unless its a childish jellus little didums point scoring contest or something
    I am throwing out my moderator hat to call you a waste of oxygen.

I do find the fact that your ridiculous comments are quite entertaining for a bit, but it is now becoming annoying.

What is your goal here? Just to troll the site? Does it make you feel more viable as a person to waste other peoples time with your bullshit? Have you no social life and need to try to undermine others with utter crap?

I wish you the best, but feel free to leave this site if you don't have anything productive, logical, or useful to others.

And for **** sake learn some pronunciation and language skills. You come across as a 3rd grade student...

Cheers!
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimmys69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    We threw away our Behringers some time ago in favor of the Mackie mixers. Mackie has one of the best mic preamps available rivaling many expensive consoles. The build quality is superior and the price is incredibly affordable. Why would anyone choose Behringer when Mackie is only a few dollars more? As for the headphone output, most mixers buffer the headphone output to eliminate load interaction with the line outputs.

Thanks
    Well, I note that I'm now getting riders with behringer products actually ON the list of things to have. Their 8200 has been getting extremely good reviews with the Midas designed preamps. Behringer prejudice is falling away rapidly, and now they're amazingly popular. I've lost count the number of really good PA systems that come through my venue driven with an X32.

Does anyone actually have a headphone driver that impacts on the output? Surely they've been doing not properly for about twenty years or more now?

I have two X32s and a Midas M32 and the Midas does indeed sound a little smoother, but I can happily swap between them with no issues worth speaking about.

Thread Information