Mic preamp and mixer question

We threw away our Behringers some time ago in favor of the Mackie mixers. Mackie has one of the best mic preamps available rivaling many expensive consoles. The build quality is superior and the price is incredibly affordable. Why would anyone choose Behringer when Mackie is only a few dollars more? As for the headphone output, most mixers buffer the headphone output to eliminate load interaction with the line outputs.

I think generalizing by brand simply doesn't work. I have extensive experience with Mackie preamps of the 1604 VLZ Pro era and they are fairly good. I wouldn't grade them as very good or great. Some Behringer is on the same level or worse, much of the newer stuff is better. My Soundcraft GB2R is definitely better than the Mackies I've used.

Ah, my mistake!
Looks like a hell of a pair of headphones! Come back and let us know how you get on with them. :)

After almost a year of using DT1990 I must say they are great headphones, never heard anything like them before, and I tested like 100 of headphones. Sound is same like on my modified KRK RP8 speakers, and that's what I want to have, because at night I can't do beats on speakers it's too loud for neighbours, then I put my headphones on, and on DT 1990 I can continue working at night where I left without disturbing my neighbours.

I'm very happy with my two X-32s, (with the Midas designed preamps) and the Midas M-32 we have does indeed sound a little nicer to my ears - but they're all perfectly nice.

Back