Mic not working pls help me lol

Pretty sure that needs phantom power, it's a condenser mic, you will either need a phantom power adaptor (search Amazon) about 20 dollars or an audio interface that supplies power about 100 bucks

It depends what your intended end use is as to whether you think spending money is worth it?

Cheers

Power is the problem - but oddly I bought an identical mic with a different brand name and it actually does work using the 5v my MacBook has on the mic socket, however it does NOT work on my PC laptop. The audio interface or phantom power unit are really the way to go.

Power is the problem - but oddly I bought an identical mic with a different brand name and it actually does work using the 5v my MacBook has on the mic socket, however it does NOT work on my PC laptop. The audio interface or phantom power unit are really the way to go.

I'm using a gaming pc

Agreed, for some reason the PC does not put out power (might be hackable if you dig deep enough?)

I have had two of those mics in the BM-800 guise and both worked fine, into the laptop and via an AI with phantom power. Has to be said though, there have been many complaints in forums, the QC is very poor.

Some are very noisy, some very low sensitivity and some do not work at all. Considering the price mind you and the quite respectable build quality perhaps we shouldn't be too hard?

However in the OP's case I am sure it is lack of power from the laptop's 3.5mm jack.

Dave.

Highly recommend getting an audio interface. XLR to 3.5 is gonna be hard to make work.

Just to keep the thread correct. These micrphones come with an XLR to 3.5mm plug and the two that I had worked really quite well both into a laptop jack and via an NI KA6 interface.

So yes, an interface is always preferred but they SHOULD work via the jack.

Dave.

Back