Melodyne Trial VST WTF?

arcadeko

Illuminatius Overlordious
So i downloaded the melodyne VST plugin - installed it, activated the trial

i have it in my effects inserts on the vocal track

but the audio isnt in the melodyne editor.

Its just blank and there is no "open file" or choose audio" or anything...

The getting started video just jumps right to having the audio in the melodyne editor

how do I get the audio track in the melodyne plugin?

(before you tell me about the evils of auto-tune, I am just doing some minor pitch correction not auto-tuned vocals so settle down :mad:)

Did you figure it out yet? Basic steps:Open Melodyne. Open your DAW. Insert Melodyne bridge in channel to be tuned. Select Transfer (or whatever it is called that is not 'playback'). Play the entire track (this is done in realtime) or section you want to tune. When you hit stop, Melodyne will analyze the transferred material. Do your fixins, then save file as wav file. Import that back into your project to save CPU.

This is at least what I do with my version.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jimmy

Thanks jimmy- i found it in the manual - I think its a pain in the butt - but thats probably cause my vocals are so bad - :)

Well, it is a pita at first. I gets pretty quick after you get the hang of it tho. Did ya think perfection was gonna come with two clicks and a snap? LOL! It would for Dave I'm sure. :)

Last edited:
I think my main problem is I don't even know what notes I am trying to hit
and the melodies jump all over the place l am almost always in between notes and i'm not really sure what note i'm trying to hit- so I nudge here and there and listen - try it again and listen - after a while I was like oh man screw this I just need to sing better :laughings::laughings:

In the editor screen, 'select all' from the menu. Double click on one of the notes to lock them all into the closest note. From there you will have a better Idea of what the notes should be in relation to how you sang them. Then learn music theory. He He. From there you can at least get the notes in the grid accurately and fix from there.

I think my main problem is I don't even know what notes I am trying to hit
and the melodies jump all over the place

Yeah, I know the feeling. Sounds like you're trying to write the song as you're singing it. I'll do that too, with horrible results. I might have a general idea of how a melody should go, but never really practice it until I'm up against the mic. :D I'm almost to the point now where I want to notate the vocal part.... but I'm too lazy for that.

In the editor screen, 'select all' from the menu. Double click on one of the notes to lock them all into the closest note. From there you will have a better Idea of what the notes should be in relation to how you sang them. Then learn music theory. He He. From there you can at least get the notes in the grid accurately and fix from there.

Oh dude - I totally am into theory - its not that I don't know cause I am not sure what notes would fit into the chords and stuff - its more like - I don't write the melody, like on a guitar or piano, I write the song and then I just make up the melody to sing to it as I go and it usually sounds pretty goos - but then like one like will have like 6 notes in it or something- at that point I "should" figure out the vocal melody on guitar and make a vocal guide track or at least write down the notes i'm trying to hit - I am pretty good at figuring out chord harmonies and stuff.

I guess I'm just lazy - i think if I spend a little more time doing vocal exercises singing scales and stuff with the piano i can probably get my voice trained a little better and it wont take as much pitch correction

Have you heard my stuff in the mp3 clinic? some of it is real flat and messed up, some of it sounds decent i guess - I have good days and bad days...

Yeah, I know the feeling. Sounds like you're trying to write the song as you're singing it. I'll do that too, with horrible results. I might have a general idea of how a melody should go, but never really practice it until I'm up against the mic. :D I'm almost to the point now where I want to notate the vocal part.... but I'm too lazy for that.

yeah I usually have no idea what the vocal melody is gonna be until we start playing! once in a while i start off with a vocal melody idea and then write the music to it - either way it needs work :laughings::laughings:

Back