Me, iTUnes and a microphone

Andries394

Hi,
As you will see from this post, I am not nearly a music guru. :(

I have a Windows 8.1 PC with iTunes on it and around 400 songs. The PC has a good NVIDIA sound card and I have a rather old, but still good set of Harmon Kardon speakers.
A group of friends often come over for a beer and a chat and to listen to music. So far so good. Now for the tricky part.
We have one person with a good voice who would like to sometimes sing along with the music. Problem: iTunes and Windows ignore the microphone completely. We do not wish to start a band or do serious karaoke so purchasing mucho expensive equipment is not the answer. Hence my question - how do I get iTunes and the microphone to simultaneously output to the speakers?

Please?:confused:

If this is just for a bit of fun it might actually be easier to just find something else to plug the microphone into.
Do any of you have a small guitar amp, or a hifi with a mic input?

Failing that you could download some free recording software like Reaper.
It would be used for mic input/output while your iTunes would carry on as normal.

The cool thing about option two is you could put an eq on to roll away that awful karaoke bass, and stick a big reverb on to make your friend think he/she is great. :)

If you need more help, post back here. :)

Back