Mbox question

codeman09

I am about to buy my first mbox but I am a little confused about the transferring of authorization. The guy who I want to buy it from used said that he bought the bundle of software that usually comes with the mbox (live, reason, etc) sererately from digidesign after he bought the mbox. I noticed on digidesigns website it said you cannot transfer plugins. Does this mean if I buy it from this guy I will not be able to use all that software no matter what? (he did say he would include all of the authorization cards so I don't know if that makes any difference) If that is the case, which of the following seems like a better deal:

used mbox without any of the normally bundled software but the guy will throw in the full version of reason 2.5 and it will end up costing me about the same as a new mbox
or
new mbox with the bundle of software that arent full versions

To help you decide which I would get better use out of here is what I am going to be using it for. Recording acoustic guitar and vocals and then on some tracks adding some loops such as drums to them. I have used the demo version of reason and it seems great for what I would like to do especially for drums. I haven't used any of the other software bundled with the mbox so would I get much use out of any of it? One last question, is there any way to create drum loops inside pro tools or do you have to use some sort of plugin?

One thing is for sure, if your going to get a digidesign product your going to wan't to be registered with them. If you are not registered with digidesign then you miss out on a bunch of deals and free downloads for updating Pro Tools. What's more important to you? Full version of Reason, or being able to register your Mbox with no problems.

Personally I would rather get a new Mbox that was unregistered.

Well the guy said he will help me transfer the registration for the mbox so that should be no problem and he is also throwing in a midi keyboard so I would say the decision is pretty much a no brainer now.

Well now that you said that I guess it is a good deal. Just make sure you get it registered. Good luck with your Mbox.

Back