Massive start problem HELP PLEASE (should be simple) m-peg2 video ext

jimbo.jams

Hi there thanks for reading;
Im gutted really just about to start editing on my p.c , Now i have plugged my camcorder into my p.c ,, Now there is sound but no visual ,, it asks me to download mpeg-2 video extension ,,,,
Ok this shouldnt be a problem it takes me to microsoft store ( i have tried everywhere all different search engines and it still takes me to microsoft store,,
NOW the big problem is it has my old microsoft email and i cant remember the password ,, when i click on forgotten it wants to send the details to my old phone number (which i dont have anymore ) microsoft will not let me delete this account ,,, i have made new accounts but it still has my old email on the download driver page ,,
This is driving me mad i cant start recording ,,, ive honestly tried everything ,, now microsoft are saying im someone else ,,, this is crazy
please help if can mant thanks
windows ten ,, p.c

What program are you using to view the MPEG2 files? I would expect Windows to download the needed extensions without having to go through a Microsoft account. You have a Windows license, so it should be included.

You might download VideoLan VLC player. Its really good about viewing all sorts of video formats. Its a free open source, multiplatform viewer, which can also convert between some formats. VideoLan VLC

Are you using a video editing program? That should import any video files you might have.

What program are you using to view the MPEG2 files? I would expect Windows to download the needed extensions without having to go through a Microsoft account. You have a Windows license, so it should be included.

You might download VideoLan VLC player. Its really good about viewing all sorts of video formats. Its a free open source, multiplatform viewer, which can also convert between some formats. VideoLan VLC

Are you using a video editing program? That should import any video files you might have.

Yeah man, I am not a video guy myself, but have had similar issues in the past. Try that VLC link Rich gave you. It has worked for me for some home videos.

What video editing program do you think i should use , video and audio ,, im recording audio with a zoom h4n thanks

There will be as many opinions about the best video editing program as there are about what the best DAW is.

I played around with Nero's Platinum suite, and found it to be useless except for copying CDs or DVDs. Corel didn't do great either. I finally tried out Cyberlink Powerdirector and found that to my liking. I'm doing something similar to you, taking the video from my Sanyo HD2000, pulling the audio from my Zoom R24 which has been mixed down in Reaper, then merging the two.

Others I considered were Adobe Premier, Pinnacle Studio Ultimate.

You might also look at a few of the free editors, if you don't have extensive requirements.

I got my video system up about 4 years ago, so some of the programs might have changed. Some, like Adobe and Cyberlink are pushing the monthly fee model, but there is also usually a permanent license option.

My computers are all telling me I need to sign in to my Microsoft account - I'm not sure what for, but they are all doing it with a warning window. I've just ignored it, but I too would be in the same boat - the email account I used is long gone and I have no idea whose number they have, but it isn't mine! It's mildly annoying but windows downloads drivers as normal.

After using audio programs for so long I just can't seem to get on with the way that most video editors work so I'm thankful that you can now edit video in Reaper. Unfortunately you can't capture video in Reaper so you would need another program for that.

I'd expect Vegas to be similar (but more powerful) as it started life as an audio program before becoming more video oriented.

If you are happy to work in a different way to most audio software then take a look at Black Magic Design's Da Vinci Resolve which is free and very powerful. While it may initially look daunting, it can't be that hard to use as my 8 year old lad likes producing videos with it.

After using audio programs for so long I just can't seem to get on with the way that most video editors work so I'm thankful that you can now edit video in Reaper. Unfortunately you can't capture video in Reaper so you would need another program for that.

I'd expect Vegas to be similar (but more powerful) as it started life as an audio program before becoming more video oriented.

If you are happy to work in a different way to most audio software then take a look at Black Magic Design's Da Vinci Resolve which is free and very powerful. While it may initially look daunting, it can't be that hard to use as my 8 year old lad likes producing videos with it.

I was using Vegas before I switched from Logic to Reaper for audio, and I think one of the reasons why I liked Reaper was because of how similar it was to Vegas.

Back