Marantz pmd 740 won't record

montbrad

I have a Marantz pmd 740 . It is about 20+ years old. I have recorded some tracks over the years but recently allowed it to sit unused for about a year. Now when I attempt to record, the meter light turns the appropriate pink color, but the needle doesn't move. It will not record. I have changed tracks and microphones. Nothing helps.
I have the owners manual.

Greetings,

I just bought a PMD-740 (though hasn`t arrived yet), and it too apparently doesn`t record. I`ll let you know for sure when I`ve had a chance to get under its hood in about 10 days (ETA).

Also, mine doesn`t come with a manual. Do you have a PDF of the Owners and/or Service manual?

cheers!

PMD-740 `record` issues...

I have a Marantz pmd 740 . It is about 20+ years old. I have recorded some tracks over the years but recently allowed it to sit unused for about a year. Now when I attempt to record, the meter light turns the appropriate pink color, but the needle doesn't move. It will not record. I have changed tracks and microphones. Nothing helps.
I have the owners manual.

Greetings,

I just bought a PMD-740 (though hasn`t arrived yet), and it too apparently doesn`t record. I`ll let you know for sure when I`ve had a chance to get under its hood in about 10 days (ETA).

Also, mine doesn`t come with a manual. Do you have a PDF of the owners and/or service manual?

cheers!

PS: Sorry for the double-post...

Back