Low Volume on when recording on AT2020 xlr

tksxl

Hi guys, for a couple weeks whenever i try and record something its impossible for me to do it because the input recorded sounds way too low as if something was wrong with the microphone or the interface.

Took my gear on a trip and since arriving at the place where i was going to it started sounding very soft.

Input levels and all that stuff in my interface are all set medium-high and still nothing.

For example when recording in FL Studio the bars of the recorded audio are tall as when it is loud but my voice still sounds very very soft

Anyone may know what could it be? Before the trip all worked perfectly.

Got an AT2020 and a Komplete Audio 2 if that may help btw

Thanks!

Are you sure the 48v phantom power button is on? Do you have another condensor mic you can check the interface with, or something else with phantom power you can plug the mic into to check it?

For example when recording in FL Studio the bars of the recorded audio are tall as when it is loud but my voice still sounds very very soft

On the basis of what you are describing above, it suggests that mike, interface and recoding function are ok, i.e. the bars are as tall as they are when you can hear it ok.

So maybe it's possible that you have inadvertently changed some output settings, maybe on the tracks themselves, or maybe on the master output. Do previously recorded tracks sound ok?

Yes, phantom is on, and i do not have anything else plug it in to.
The thing is that a couple weeks ago was working fine and now it aint :(

Previously recorded tracks sound perfectly, and its only the vocal recording on the daw what sounds really low, which means it aint a headphone thing

Have you tried playing the track that you've recorded through a different media player?

Does the recorded track show a waveform and what does t look like?

Back