Loud ringing when about to record

tomowen10

Hi,

ive just started recording from home and every time i go to record in studio one, im getting a really loud high pitch sound coming out. I have to quickly close studio one before i annoy the neighbours lol.

Ive tried turning down the gain but its still really loud and just doesnt stop.

Any idea what this is??

thanks

We need more info please. Describe your setup in more detail and tell us the steps you take when this occurs.

Thanks for the reply.

So i have everything set up in my spare room (speakers on, mic setup and plugged in, soundcard on) then i open studio one, open a vocal track and the noise just starts ringing extremely loud... doesnt stop unless i close the daw or turn off the speakers

Sounds like a feedback loop. From your description, it appears you have your set up in a PA format. When you use headphones to monitor your sound, instead of through the live speakers, do you still get the ringing?
Dale

yeah im still getting the problem, it started coming through my laptop instead then. Its a crackley high pitch sound and on the master in studio one its full up to the red zone?? only stops if i close studio one

I think its a problem with studio one as ive taken everything out and its still making the noise whenever i press the record button

Thanks for the reply.

So i have everything set up in my spare room (speakers on, mic setup and plugged in, soundcard on) then i open studio one, open a vocal track and the noise just starts ringing extremely loud... doesnt stop unless i close the daw or turn off the speakers

Mic plugged into what? Soundcard is what? DAWs usually have a monitor back setting probably need to find that and stop it.

Dave.

Back