lots of equipment...means i need lots of help

ogesus

i am a volunteer at a community organization which has just recieved a donation of sound equipment for a recording studio....no one here has any experience with a studio and the project has fallen in my lap...i have been reading as much as i can on the web, but just setting up the equipment is the most difficult task...

we have-
-Eurodesk MX9000 48track mixing board
-SV3700 DAT deck
-Alesis Microverb 3
-Musicquest midi engine
-layla event echo
-multiverb alpha s multi effector
- ashley sra 120 stereo amp

plus mics, cables, etc. and a pc with soundforge, cakewalk and several other programs on it. our assumption is that this was all used together with the pc, and we would like to set it up so that we can record onto pc or dat. but there are so many cables, no manuals, no instructions, and no websites that i have found so far that talk about how to do the most basic set up of this type of equipment...

so if you can direct me, or offer some basic advice, i would appreciate it. we are located in Tanzania, East Africa, so we have to use what we have...no local store to get adapters, new sound cards, etc. just want to work with what we have to get started and hopefully train some local youth in sound engineering.

thanks

Back